1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Mosley: The Cowboys prompted Eagles changes

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 9, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,035 Messages
    3,971 Likes Received
    Dec 9
    2:30
    PM ET
    By Matt Mosley

IRVING, Texas -- The Philadelphia Eagles would have made some changes after the 2009 season even had they not been thoroughly embarrassed in back-to-back losses to the Dallas Cowboys at the end of the season. But those beatings in Cowboys Stadium -- by a combined score of 58-14 -- prompted the Eagles to turn their roster upside down.

Coach Andy Reid tried to downplay the three losses to the Cowboys last season, but all it takes is one look at this Eagles defense to see the impact the defeats had on the organization. When I made a trip to Philadelphia this past offseason, I stopped by new general manager Howie Roseman's office and saw just how obsessed this team was with closing the gap with the Cowboys. Like most general managers, Roseman had his team's two-deep chart in a prominent spot on the wall. But next to it was the Cowboys' depth chart.

Read more from Mosley: http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/22714/the-cowboys-prompted-eagles-changes
  2. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,261 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    What a bizarre reversal of fortune it has been for these two teams, but:

If the Cowboys can split with the Eagles I will be happy...

If the Cowboys sweep the Eagles I will be thrilled...

If the Cowboys knock the Eagles out of the playoffs,,, Whoa Nellie~! I will be walking on sunshine! :p:
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's all good 2011 will be the Cowboys...