1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: No excuse for Dez to be targeted only twice

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysYanksLakers, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,914 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    C'mon dude seriously ? Romo can flat out play the game . It's this bs playcalling and dumb scheme . Holding us back .
    vlad likes this.
  2. TonyRomo17

TonyRomo17 Well-Known Member

727 Messages
    316 Likes Received
    i will feel sorry for dez if he resigns lol, unless they fire garrett
    Zordon likes this.
  3. Cas2800

Cas2800 Member

383 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Well get used to it boys. Thats all hes going to see from here on out. And when you dumb *** coach allows the other team to dictate how you run your offense and be afraid to throw him the ball then why should we expect anything differently. The other part of the problem is the other "talent" on the team cant back the play when given sigle coverage.
    Zordon likes this.
  4. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,185 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Dez can't get open. Yeah, Romo over threw him on one play but Dez was completely shutdown. Dez is not elite
  5. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    1,722 Likes Received
    What was just as pathetic is we only threw the ball only 6 times in the first half. We're a passing team, if we're going to beat teams it's going to be by our passing offense, not by our defense and running game.
  6. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,655 Messages
    1,722 Likes Received
    He's a known clueless Romo basher, pretty much everything he says regarding Romo is just about gibberish.
  7. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,723 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    I don think Romo completely trusts him to throw into double coverage, I also think Romo is trying to be to cautious and not risk the turnover possibility. It's a damn shame the lame coaching staff didn't adjust to Ryan's defense and move Dez around
  8. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,062 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Pathetic offense aside, looks to me if he throws more to the middle that's an easy pick. Not saying that wasn't a terrible throw, but think you have to throw it over the top. Dez doesn't have lift the top of the defense speed, you need to get it to him in the direction of the throw, but like 10 yards or so shorter.

Man, this play design is so sad...think we've ruined or darn near ruined our qb, and I don't see our plays teaching Dez a thing other tha "out execute".
  9. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,519 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    Then it gets picked off & you all whine about it. Blah blah blah. :rolleyes:
  10. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Its absolutely RIDICULOUS....... Smh!!!!
    Zordon, ka0tik and 5Stars like this.
  11. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,973 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    No matter what play is called and no matter what route dez is running romo is still holding the ball and can throw to him.

Given that Jerry said romo was drawing up sandlot plays in the huddle and that it has been stated that by romo and Callahan that romo changes run plays to pass plays during the game do u really think romo is deciding not to throw it to dez because Garrett told him don't force the ball. He forces it to witten at times. If romo thought he could complete a pass to dez he would throw it regardless of the coverage.
  12. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,148 Messages
    1,265 Likes Received
    He is elite, but our offense is predictable like so many have said. The opposing D knows exactly where Dez will be and what type of route he will run. If Dez was in another offense, he would shine. It would also be nice if Romo would just trust him to go get the ball by putting it where only Dez can catch it.
  13. dcjules

dcjules Member

376 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    After the Detroit game I posted a thread regarding this aspect......"AJ Green 19 targets"..I would say 50% of the replies were defending the "don't force it" to Dez.. maybe more than that.....I guess I only needed another week or so to convince the rest!!! Garret and Callahan a joke....Romo increasingly starting to get some blame also....
    pjtoadie likes this.
  14. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,503 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    Can y'all imagine Troy being afraid to throw the ball to Irvin because he was being double covered? Someone said it right earlier, PATHETIC
    Zordon likes this.
  15. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,973 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    There are only so many routes a receiver can run. The receiver has to get the defender to turn his hips the wrong way by selling one route and going a different way.

You don't need too many route options to do this. Now it becomes more difficult when double covered. And nearly impossible if you don't have good technique in selling one thing and doing another.

From watching the espn dez highlights it looks like dez was overwhelmed and frustrated and just not getting it done.
  16. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,973 Messages
    399 Likes Received
    Lol. Comparing dez to Irvin. Dez does not run routes or do fundamentals anywhere near the level that Irvin did
  17. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,822 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    He is third in the NFL in TDs, your post is ridiculous.
  18. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,628 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Sad but true and as much as I rag on Romo I still support him. Who else is there anyways?
  19. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,622 Messages
    1,426 Likes Received
    It can be both, Romo has missed a lot more open throws this season then he has in the past. And I love Romo, when healthy...but his safe zone is definitely the middle of the field and JG doesn't even send a WR not named Beasley in the middle of the field?
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  20. CowboysLegend365

CowboysLegend365 Active Member

317 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I knew someone would say this. As I've said before, there's a difference in a "Romo trying to give his guy a chance to make a play" INT and the typical "bonehead throw get up and chew the receiver out" INT. I will take the picks if the guy is throwing it up to a top 5
    receiver in this NFL, will not accept an idiotic heave hoping a ROOKIE TE makes a play. Carry on.
    Zordon likes this.