1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: No excuse for Dez to be targeted only twice

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysYanksLakers, Nov 11, 2013.

1. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,532 Messages
    670 Likes Received
    This is the exact issue we had with TO. They refused to move him around. Then the media started talking about it a lot and then they started moving around.
  2. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,642 Messages
    2,750 Likes Received
    What's that they say about a broken clock?
  3. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    If Romo takes a chance and throws to him, it gets INT'd then ESPN rants "Why did Romo throw that pass?!?!"
  4. panchucko

panchucko We have a pretty good offense Zone Supporter

2,031 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    The problem is probably our defense, since Garrett can run his offense with success against our defense in practice, he probably doesn't see a need to change anything players just need to execute in games as they do in practice
    dstovall5 likes this.
  5. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,803 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    Who cares, its a chance you have to take.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  6. ka0tik

ka0tik DALLAS

2,883 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Agreed. I have even more of a problem w this bc if dez is getting shutdown or not even looked at that means our other wrs are getting huge plays and tds right? Well...,, NO. Dez is getting doubled and romo doesnt connect w anybody at all! Atleast not enough to keep up w the saints. The offensive scheme on this team blows hard!!
  7. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

743 Messages
    241 Likes Received
    We actually moved TO around quite a bit in the entire 2007 year. Wasn't until 2008 which we became stagnant
    pjtoadie likes this.
  8. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,541 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Payton knows how our O works and more than Rob Ryan does. He also knows how to run plays at our weakest links.... Gut runs, attack safety, and quick passing plays...

This game felt like the one where the FB scored multiple times on us as we didn't anticipate his switching to expose that weak link that year.
  9. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    Can we get a dislike option? Seriously? What is this, Facebook?
    pjtoadie likes this.
  10. phildadon86

phildadon86 Active Member

547 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    Really hope that is sarcasm. Hard to be elite when you have Garrett the wonder boy handcuffing you. Dez with one hand was better then basically every WR in the league the last 8 games of the season. lol
    pjtoadie likes this.
  11. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,959 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Yeah who cares what ESPN thinks or broadcasts!
  12. kojak

kojak Who Loves Ya Baby?

2,311 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Ryans plan was to take Dez completely out of the game. He knew Austin was out and our only other threat is a rookie, who looks brilliant at times but still has his rookie moments. Add in the fact that Ryan knows he is working with an offense that can move the ball at will going against our defense. So he had the luxury of gambling.
  13. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Because we are at a coaching disadvantage in just about every game we play.
  14. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,883 Messages
    997 Likes Received
    Yeah, right. Let's play a game... you go through your 3000+ post history and find all the posts where you praised Romo for taking chances, and I will go through and find all the posts where you cried about interceptions like a two year old. Who will have the bigger number?
  15. mugsybows

mugsybows Well-Known Member

324 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Tony romo is the greatest qb ever. His stats are amazing. He's the least of our problems. Tony romo will cure cancer just wait.
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    Romo is part of the blame. Garrett and Callahan aren't controlling Romo's arm with a remote from the sidelines. Romo has lots of freedom to do what he wants and take what chances he wants on every play. The fact is, he's deathly scared of the interception on the deep ball to Dez. Why? Who knows maybe he needs more BFF time with Dez before he trusts him. But it is annoying to see him have no qualms about forcing the ball into double coverage with Witten but rarely do it with Dez. Romo IS part of the PROBLEM.
    mugsybows likes this.
  17. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    And that's the issue. Romo listens to those clowns too much and is letting them affect his play. Throw the ball up for Dez and lets see what happens. He did it on the goalline vs the Lions and Dez bailed him out with the best catch of the week. Why is he waiting till the goalline to give Dez an opportunity for these jump balls?
  18. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,803 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    Ok I've found them. Go through my 3000 posts and let me know when you have all the ones where I cried about interceptions like a two year old. I'll be waiting
  19. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,247 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    You are being much to diplomatic...
  20. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,129 Messages
    2,043 Likes Received
    I don't get how we can be down as much as we are....needing to throw the ball...and Dez only gets two targets. That actually doesn't make any sense.

No words.