1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN -- Owner: Felix Jones to back up Murray

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by newlander, Nov 15, 2011.

1. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
  2. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,401 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    He is just stating the obvious.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    Does not bother me at all.
  4. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

...he's just SUCH a NARCISSIST...it's getting worse too.....if that's possible:rolleyes:
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,641 Messages
    3,161 Likes Received
    Pretty much.
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,048 Messages
    1,241 Likes Received
    It may be obvious, but I still wish Jerry would just say that the coaches decide who starts and who doesn't start. And how many touches RB's get should be determined from gameplanning and during the game. Because that's the way it should be.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,796 Likes Received
    And I think that is how it is. Garrett I think it making these calls. Jerry talks about it so what so did Tex when he was here.
  8. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Jerry says he wouldn't start Murray ... fans get mad!

Jerry later says Murray is starting ... fans get mad!

Par for the course! :D :D

#reality
  9. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received

his ego has held this franchise back for some time.
  10. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,921 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    Jerry loves attention
  11. BaybeeJay

BaybeeJay Active Member

448 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    Wait, you really need someone to explain it to you?
  12. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
  13. newlander

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.......some folks just don't get it....JJ has become Al Davis Jr.- meddling, interfering, and undercutting his head coach. Why the hell he seemingly wants to blow this thing up is beyond me, but......he just can't help himself anymore than an alcoholic can resist a drink. The Media is Jerry's form of Heroin: always has been:rolleyes:
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,797 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    It isn't what he is saying, Reality, that irritates some of us. It is THAT he is saying it. I think some of us long for the days of Murchison when the owner was the owner, and the coach was the coach. (I'm talking about the way the owner conducts himself and speaks - not the reality of it)

I think most of us know that Garrett is making these calls (at least I do), I just wish Jerry would be quiet with the coach speak.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,917 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    Stating what everyone whose watched the team the last 4 weeks already knew.
  16. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys expect Felix Jones to return Sunday after a four-game absence, but not as the team's primary running back.
    Owner/general manager Jerry Jones indicated during a radio appearance Tuesday that rookie DeMarco Murray, who has been a dominant force while Felix Jones was sidelined with a high ankle sprain, would continue to get the bulk of the carries.

"One thing that comes to my mind is that Murray looks like the more he carries, the more effective he gets," Jerry Jones said on KRLD-FM. "You think of that theoretically about a workhorse running back, that they get better as the game goes along.

"On the other hand, Felix -- and this is not negative in any way -- but Felix has always been a guy that looks like the best way for him to be his best is to inject him in spots. So we may have a guy here in Murray and we may have a guy here in Felix who can step in there 12, 13 times a ballgame and really have a chance to break it."

For rest ---> http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ects-felix-jones-return-backup-demarco-murray
  17. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow Jerry finally said something smart.
  18. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,201 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received

This is perfect!
  19. SoCalCowboyFan

SoCalCowboyFan Member

96 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Still don't like him making comments of who's starting and who's back up. that should be a head coaches decision :bang2:
  20. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I completely and totally eat crow. I put up a big stinky email about how it will be typical if Dallas benches Murray when Felix returns... I am truely shocked. I did not think the organization had the ability to make such an intelligent decision. For the people who said I was wrong.... well..... I was wrong....
    And I'm actually very happy that I was wrong.... Way to go Jerry!!!! :starspin