1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN Radio: Cowboys meeting today with Houston Nutt

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LittleD, Jan 17, 2013.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    please review my post about the Chip Kelly hiring before you post

much easier to find than the things you are asking other posters to look up before posting
  2. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received

In fairness, the guy at Spec's said that they were offseason bridge partners on the Florida circuit. Jason was a genius bidder but his timing was off. Monte was very consistent and by the book.

Beverage depot guy had a different story. Said the Holmgrien and Chucky were Monte's preferred bridge partners. Said he'd keep me advised.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    This isn't the right way to go about things, no doubt about it. But in a weird way I'm enjoying it. I'm going to LOL if it works.

And it might -- the guys hired so far are good coaches. It's just funny that they're "Jerry Guys".

Hey, like Lacewell said the other day, "We tried it Garrett's way."
  4. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wasn't he the same guy trying to catch Bo and Luke all these years?

5. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Huh? He said that? When and where?
  6. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,676 Messages
    1,493 Likes Received
    I know it is Jerry Jr. You must have missed the countless Garrett being in the family photo jokes.
  7. Chocolate Lab

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
  8. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what does you knowing who it is have to do with him missing anything? the post was directed at people who did not know who it was.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Sure we can all speculate but I'm not making any accusation one way or the other but when people start jumping up and down making claims as if they are hardcore facts then why should they not be called out to back it up.
  10. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,857 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    Hey Risen, serious question, taking away Jerry's obvious influence, how do you feel about the moves so far?
  11. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,610 Messages
    333 Likes Received

And I get that. I'm as a big a Jerry ripper as anybody. My biggest problem with all of this "uncomfortable" offseason is that we have switched schemes on defense, the front office has blamed the coaches again, the Head Coach will be different in 2014, we will hear about it taking 2 offseasons to put the right players in the defense, etc. Its a never ending cycle with the Cowboys.

The last time there was accountability with the players was probably 1993 and to some extent the Parcells years. I felt Garrett was moving in that direction, but Jerry has at least from the outside looking in, cut him off at the knees.

Very frustrating, but always hoping for a winner.
  12. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    But will the stench be strong enough to shoo you away?
  13. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,174 Messages
    2,353 Likes Received
    Jerry is putting together a helluva group of drinking buddies.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
  15. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,201 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    If we were going to go out and hire a RBs coach from the College Ranks, I would have rather tried to get Ron Gould from Cal. If your looking for a guy who might be available in the NFL, I would have rather tried to offer Ollie Wilson, formerly of San Diego. Maybe you don't get him, maybe he decides to follow Norv to Cleveland but maybe not. Cleveland is not exactly the garden spot of the world. Honestly, I don't really understand what the problem was with Skip. I thought he did a good job. I guess Houston Nutt is a better option in Garrett/Jerry's eyes.
  16. Chocolate Lab

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I think it was "we". In fairness, he could have said, "they". But the principle is the same.
  17. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,216 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Yeah, I agree. I keep shaking my head and laughing at some of these hires, but then you step back and look at it and Kiffin, Marinelli (if it happens), and Nutt (if it happens) are all really good coaches or were at some point. Can they all mesh and work something out? I don't know but it's going to be fun to watch, and isn't that all that Jerry really wants?:D
  18. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hope this is not a repeat question, but wasn't Houston Nutt considered to be a Jerry Jones head coach candidate after Gailey was fired?
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    sweet mother....jerry has finally lost it. just bring in switzer and lacewell too to get it over with.
  20. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You sold me... When the guy at Home Depot, who I asked where the paint was, told me that Jason Garrett was best man at Houston Nutt's wedding, 40 years ago, I didn't believe him. But your sources seem to confirm the guy at Home Depot.