1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by clayman, Mar 8, 2006.

1. clayman

clayman New Member

272 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quoted Jerry Jones after the intermission break after 5hrs this morning to saying "I think we have taken a step backwards" in the negociating. Hurry up and get it done or call it off....lets get to the free agency already.
  2. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    I believe they will not agree......
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    They will agree......to push back the deadline again:bang2:
  4. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,156 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    lol i like that. Jerry Jones just wants to sign some players like we want him to.

I bet you anything he doesn't want the cba getting signed.

no salary cap? That helps the Cowboys, it doesn't hinder us. Less money in free agency this year...? That helps the cowboys, it doesn't hinder us.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    And hurts Washington even more :D
  6. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Honestly -

I hope they dont agree. Lets get FA started tonight.
  7. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    who's siked for a lockout in 08?
  8. Galian Beast

9,156 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    you're really not a cowboys fan if you want the CBA to get done.

An NFL without a salary cap at this current time is the best thing for us in terms of keeping all of our young developing players. And yeah, it really %^$# the redskins this year.
  9. Galian Beast

9,156 Messages
    1,371 Likes Received
    I'm psyched for the fact that it won't happen.
  10. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I have been a strong supporter of getting the extension done. Maybe I am allowing my emotions to overcome my logic but the way Upshaw and the union have delivered their ultimatums; and have already secured an agreement for all the owners to contribute everything connected to the NFL, including the owners' grandchildren, into the pot and the owners that are successful are being taken for a ride; now, I hope there isn't an extension.

Let the bullies running the union and the whiners from the small markets live with the ramifications of no contract in two years. If the small market owners didn't want to pay their part then why did they agree to give the union the store?
  11. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Didnt upshaw say no more extension's. That's what mortensen reported last night.
  12. jksmith269

jksmith269 Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995

3,898 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How do you figure this? without a new CBA the Cap will be lower this year which will hinder us not only in FA signings but also in Rookie Pool. Also without a CBA you run the risk of a lockout in 07 or Strike. A new CBA benefits all the teams.
  13. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The real deadline is next year at this time. We are talking lockout and strike a year to early.
  14. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    I hate to be a pessimist, but the lack of a CBA will actually hurt Dallas. Jerry Jones is one of the wealthiest owners, but he cannot compete with Synder, Kraft, Blank, and the new Owner of the New York Giants. I think we could see Witten, Newman, and James leave to the highest bidder.
  15. DrunkWithPower

DrunkWithPower Member

173 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I think he meant we'll have 15 million under the cap and much more leverage in signing free agents than the Skins. They will barely get under the camp and won't be able to make a run for any premium players.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,132 Messages
    6,915 Likes Received
    If Jerry's not a billionaire, he's REAL close. Those guys may very will leave for the highest bidder, but it won't be cuz Dallas isn't prepared to dish out the necessary $$.
  17. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What premium players did they go after last offseason?
  18. Haley94

Haley94 Active Member

1,096 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I disagree! He can compete with those guys and will, especially after the new stadium revenues flow in. Plus no state tax will help him sign payers as well.
  19. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Jones ca compete with anyone and once the new stadium comes, he will dwarf the revenue of all the other teams. There may be wealthier owners, but noone is going to spend their own money on players. They will only spend team revenue and we will have more of that than anyone.
  20. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,196 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he means because EVERYONE will have lower cap as well. That means more cuts and more available players. Some may sign a very cheap 1 or 2 year deal just to stay in the game rather than sitting at home waiting for an uncapped year only to have the NFL forget about them.