1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Romo, Cowboys out-tough the Redskins

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Romo, Cowboys out-tough the Redskins

by Dan Graziano

ARLINGTON, Texas -- In the raw, emotional aftermath of an 18-16 meat-grinder of a win, Dallas Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant spoke about his quarterback, Tony Romo, in awed, reverent tones.

"He motivated me to go out there tonight when I obviously wasn't 100 percent," said Bryant, who was slowed by a thigh injury but still managed to make the critical third-and-21 catch that kept the Cowboys' final scoring drive alive. "I mean, broken rib, punctured lung, and he's out there. You've got to be willing to put yourself out there for a guy like that."

This was the prevailing thought in the Cowboys' locker room -- that in spite of the tower of circumstances that were stacked against him, Romo was the reason the Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins on Monday night. He was without top receiver Miles Austin, and Bryant wasn't himself. His offensive line played a miserable game, especially center Phil Costa, who was so confused by Redskins defenders barking fake snap counts that he kept snapping the ball before Romo was ready for it. The running game didn't get going until the second half. Oh, and his rib is still broken, and that hurts.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/45647/romo-cowboys-out-tough-the-redskins