1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: ESPN: Sam Young claimed by the Bills

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by VThokie7, Sep 6, 2011.

1. VThokie7

VThokie7 Well-Known Member

1,975 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
    Bills have claimed OL Sam Young on waivers

Looks like we'll need to find a new way to fill that remaining practice squad spot.
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,958 Messages
    2,633 Likes Received
    If losing Thomas made them sick, they might need to go to the hospital this time.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

32,871 Messages
    1,075 Likes Received
    Losing Thomas was worse than Young IMO. The only down side is if we have an injury, it would be nice to have even a bad tackle that at least knows the oline schemes.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

29,939 Messages
    3,936 Likes Received
    Thats a good pickup for Buffallo since they are going to be a run 1st team.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

2,359 Messages
    560 Likes Received

er......why?
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,958 Messages
    2,633 Likes Received
    They kept Young over Thomas, so they do not feel the same way you do.
  7. jjktkk

jjktkk Well-Known Member

1,767 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    Imo, as far as knowledge of oline schemes goes, Parnell is probably in the same neighborhood as Young was, and that right now, Parnell is the better prospect.
  8. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I guess there won't be anymore "They really like Sam Young, and no, I'm not guessing" type posts now....
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,732 Messages
    2,285 Likes Received
    Sam Young claimed by the Bills
    September, 6, 2011
    By Calvin Watkins

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4683137/sam-young-claimed-by-the-bills

The Buffalo Bills claimed former Cowboys tackle Sam Young on Tuesday.

Young had made the 53-man roster when the Cowboys and other NFL teams had to cut their rosters down from 80 to 53 on Saturday. But the Cowboys were not down with their roster.

On Monday, the Cowboys released Young to make room for veteran guard Derrick Dockery, who is replacing Montrae Holland...
  10. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sam Young was claimed?

Wow, and I thought we had OL depth pronlems. :laugh2:
  11. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

4,044 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    You can find a Josh Thomas or a Sam Young in the 4th-6th round of the draft every year. Neither is a huge loss. If they were, they never would have been released. I'm sure they will look for another OT for that 8th spot on the practice squad and may even pick up a veteran OT as the season goes forward.
  12. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

10,908 Messages
    1,753 Likes Received
    If Pat McQuistan can bounce around the league for a couple of years, then Young should be able to as well.

I do think there's a possibility that he'll become an adequate backup, but he's certainly not there right now.
  13. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

8,001 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Sam Young, who Dallas cut was claimed off waiver by the Bills, dallas was hoping he'd clear waivers and they could place him on the prectice squad,, so much for that idea..
  14. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

4,591 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    But we have our kicking situation solved... oh wait
  15. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Yeah, the fact that their hope and intent was to get him back on the PS to try and further develop him is evidence they hated his guts.

Betcha a thousand bucks if a reporter asks Garrett about him he will say Young is a good football player. Got the balls to back up your bravado?

Because if you put up the money I guarantee I can get a reporter to ask that question.
  16. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,127 Messages
    75 Likes Received
    Young has no chance of becoming a competent NFL lineman--I wish him luck in Buffalo
  17. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    :laugh2: yeah, the Cowboys are so stocked with talent they had to waive a guy they really loved. You're embarrassing yourself.

Garrett would no doubt say that about Young. And about almost any other player they release.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Persona Non Grata Zone Supporter

119,427 Messages
    3,700 Likes Received
    Just as I figured, no balls. Pat yourself on the back, you made a comment taking a shot at me that your little 2 bit forum pals will applaud in their circle jerk.

But here where the big boys roam, we don't applaud lacking balls.
  19. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

26,084 Messages
    19,552 Likes Received
    He'll bounce around awhile and be out of the league in two years.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

26,084 Messages
    19,552 Likes Received
    I have to agree with him. Coaches don't talk that way. I don't think I've ever heard a coach say a guy is a bad football player. You bring up a name in a presser and the coach will wax poetic about the guy.

I expect that question to be asked. It usually is when players we want on the PS end up signing elsewhere. Red will praise Young. Then he'll be out of the league in a few years as the NFL Europe talent he is.

IMO, of course.