1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Several injured players back at practice

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,020 Likes Received
    This is all hands on deck. Doesn't mean all these guys are healthy. I hope that these guys can put in a good effort though.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,250 Messages
    2,450 Likes Received
    ^^This.^^
  3. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

4,330 Messages
    716 Likes Received
    But at least they were pretending to cover receivers then. There were times last week that I barely saw a defender on my television screen when Saints receivers were catching the ball...and it's a pretty good sized TV. LOL.
    stasheroo and WoodysGirl like this.
  4. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,915 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Is Devonte Holloman healthy? I wonder if he will get significant snaps.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,122 Messages
    6,907 Likes Received
    Cowboys plan to turn loose now-healthy rookie linebacker DeVonte Holloman in practice

“We feel good about where he is physically. We’re going to let him go,” coach Jason Garrett said. “We’re going to let him practice and see how he responds.”

"Even when you’re in those shell-type practices, there’s a physical nature to those, and he seems to be pretty comfortable," Garrett said.

Holloman is expected to play some at middle linebacker in the nickel defense and at strong-side linebacker in the base defense as he and veteran Ernie Sims try to make up for the absence of Sean Lee and Justin Durant.

“He’s an inexperienced player. He hasn’t played that much for us,” Garrett said. “But when he’s played, he’s done some good things, you know, as a special teams guy, spot play on defense. Has a good instinct for playing. Seems to be around the ball and makes a lot of plays.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...vonte-holloman-in-practice.html#storylink=cpy
  6. cowboys1981

cowboys1981 Well-Known Member

2,892 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Missing Lee will be a void our LBers have to come together on filling. I feel a lot better about getting back much

MA can open up the other receivers and I got a hunch Romo will target him on some 3rd down plays.
  7. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,437 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    This is sad but true. I really want to believe differently, but the Lee loss is huge and our safety play has been horrific. Seeing that dancing idiot Cruz running across the middle of our D for 30 yards on 3rd and 8 seems almost inevitable. I'd love to see Church or Wilcox light him up. One can hope I guess...
  8. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received

ataboy. that's the attitude.