1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Stephen Jones with interesting look at 2013

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Feb 21, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

29,352 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    INDIANAPOLIS – Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones knows 8-8 is not good enough. But as he looks back at the Cowboys’ 8-8 finish in 2013, the view is slightly different. When asked what the Cowboys have to do to get out of their .500 ways when they are pressed up against the salary cap, Jones first mentioned the team’s health. “We had a lot of money sitting on the sideline,” Jones said. “To be candid with you, when our season started if you told me that we were going to get the production we got out of [DeMarcus] Ware because of some injury issues, and we were not going to get [Anthony] Spencer at all and not going to get [Jay] Ratliff at all, then I might’ve been concerned and said, ‘We might have a hard time getting to 8-8.

Continue reading...
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    Yes Stephen that is on you.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,805 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received
    I would have to agree, with the exception of Ware. I think that was a no win situation. On Ratliff, Spencer and Romo, I think there were signs.
    mmillman likes this.
  4. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    He's no upgrade from his father and that depresses me. Watching his bungling of personnel and the cap gives me little hope for the future
  5. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    1,874 Likes Received
    The more I read of Stephen the more I believe he'll just be Jerry II.
  6. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

947 Messages
    499 Likes Received
    It is true. No one on this board really expected Ratliff and Spencer to be gone, and that Ware would be injury plagued this season.

That is 3 out of the 4 starting DL not being in the game/or effective.