1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: Tony Romo among others ready to workout

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 21, 2014.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

23,424 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will participate in the offseason program which starts Monday morning according to a source. Romo missed the final game of the 2013 season to undergo back surgery and is on target in his rehab program. In the first phase of the offseason workouts, players can lift weights, run sprints and conduct football activities without the supervision of coaches and scouts. This is the first of several offseason workouts the Cowboys will conduct.

Continue reading...
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,395 Likes Received
    W00t! First day of the Cowboys offseason program! I smell football! Yeahhhh babbby! :oops:

"What do voluntary mean?"
    Fletch, Seven, daveferr33 and 3 others like this.
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    Ready for everyone to tell me how Garrett is putting his stamp on this team (after 7 years of being here)
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,789 Messages
    2,859 Likes Received
    We can't have any decent news or threads without this kind of snarky responses littering the threads.

Try to contain yourself and your snark on occasion because it is beyond old when it is not needed.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,526 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Awesome. Good to hear Romo's back seems to be doing well and team activities are starting!
    rathalarge and BigStar like this.
  6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,235 Messages
    1,324 Likes Received
    Next season's successs will be determined by the answer to two questions:

1. Is Romo's back healthy enough for a full season?

2. Will Dallas significantly improve its pass rush?

Everything else is background noise, aside from the usual qualifier of overall team injuries.
  7. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,827 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    I'm hoping that this new Coordinator can find a way to make this offense move smoothly. I've always said that Romo could thrive under the right direction, and so far, he hasn't had it. If he can't do it, it can't be done.
    BigStar, Sportsbabe and BraveHeartFan like this.
  8. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,526 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Number 2 should be if the entire D is significantly improved.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,540 Messages
    553 Likes Received

Agreed. I think those 2 questions will completely determine this coming season.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,043 Messages
    1,599 Likes Received
    I'm just glad he is on schedule in terms of his rehab. I'm sure the Cowboys will limit him as much as they need to as to avoid any set backs in this process
  11. dboyz

dboyz Active Member

785 Messages
    51 Likes Received

Coverage is important too. Our pass rush needs to improve and our coverage needs to significantly improve.
  12. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

2,018 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    No coaches in these workouts.
  13. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    1,799 Likes Received
    That's true but also

3. How quickly players pick up the new offense. Even though it is similar but things are always different and with a new play caller
    daveferr33 likes this.
  14. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

863 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Coverage should improve with an improved pass rush.
    5Stars, OhSnap and Nation like this.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,041 Messages
    3,960 Likes Received
    We've suddenly got a lack of named talent on the defensive side of the ball. Going into last season, I thought Ware, Spencer, Hatcher, Lee, and Carter with Carr and Claiborne looked like the backbone of an ok defense if we were able to add the right pieces in the draft and VFA. Right now, that list is looking like Sean Lee is the only one of those players we can count on to play at a red-chip level or higher. Everybody else is either gone or a giant question mark right now.

At least, it's easier to get defensive improvement quickly than it is to do it on offense. And we do have a couple of pieces that were on IR, the bench, or just learning last season (Crawford, Holloman, Wilcox etc) who at least have the potential to develop into players for us.
    5Stars and SDCowboy85 like this.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,548 Messages
    3,395 Likes Received
  17. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,364 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    It means Romo better get his tail out there, line 'em up, take charge and let them know this is his swan song. There is no cruise control on this band wagon anymore. It's been disected.:oops:
  18. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    1,186 Likes Received
    I want to see if Orton shows up...if Tony is there and Orton isn't, then perhaps we have our answer on whether Orton wants to play...wouldn't you be embarrassed if the first stringer is coming off of surgery and shows up, but you, the clipboard holder, can't decide whether you want to play or not? I know his agent said he wants to play, so we will see just how much...
  19. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,615 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Good news on being cleared for practice.
  20. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,561 Messages
    1,096 Likes Received
    Think happy thoughts. Do not jinx him. Think happy thoughts. Do not jinx him. Think happy thoughts. Do not jinx him. Think happy thoughts. Do not jinx him. Think happy thoughts. Do not jinx him. Think happy thoughts. Do not jinx him. Think happy thoughts. Do not jinx him. Think...
    CowboyStar88 and WoodysGirl like this.