1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: Tony Romo vs. Jay Cutler (Poll with article)

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Kilyin, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    All due respect to the fine folks in the Windy City, but they know as much about QBs as they do about BBQ.

The Chicago Bears have a quarterback make the Pro Bowl every generation or so. The Dallas Cowboys have a quarterback inducted into the Hall of Fame that often.

That's not to predict that Tony Romo will have a bust in Canton, although it's certainly in the realm of possibility for a man who ranks behind only Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young on the all-time passer rating list. Put it this way: Jay Cutler's odds of playing in a Pro Bowl as a Bear aren't much better than those of Romo joining Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman in the Hall of Fame.

We're really talking about quarterbacks from two different class levels. Romo ranks right behind the elite active QBs who have won Super Bowls. Cutler is just a bit above average despite his rocket right arm.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/hot/?id=8426380
  2. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cutler is an average quarterback. Romo is one of the best in the world.
  3. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,507 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    If Tony had Jay's rocket arm he would be the league MVP.
  4. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    since they come into the league Romo has steadily improved every year while Cutler has remained the same careless player...that will be on full display Monday night
  5. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,983 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Other than Romo being a better qb than Cutler he is also a better classier human being than Cutler. Have you heard Cutler's press conferences to the media in Chicago. Man he is one snarly, cocky, ******** punk. If anyone has time go listen to the press conference he had today. I listen to a lot of Chicago radio being a Cubs fan growing up in the Midwest and they are killing him for the way he treats the media.

I'm thankful everyday Romo is the Cowboys qb and represents it well on and off the field.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed. As good of a football player as Tony is he's an even better man. That's why he's my favorite player. Same thing goes for Demarcus and Jason.
  7. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,209 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Timmy Mac wrote a positive article about a Cowboy?

Maybe it is the end of the world...
  8. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,236 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    Mike and Mike with Mark (espn) talked about this on their show this morning and they all said Romo.
  9. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    I would call both Cutler and Romo enigmas. Both possess talent. But both have propensity for the unusual. But Romo is definitely the better QB. Neither will make it to the Hall.
  10. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Well-Known Member

1,002 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    If Tony somehow wins a superbowl he will make the hall of fame with the numbers he has put up. By the time he is done, he will have shattered every cowboy passing record.

But, you also have to think about the league nowadays. I'm sure a lot of quarterbacks are going to be breaking franchise records in this pass happy football era.

If Romo wins a superbowl, he will instantly be put in the conversation with brady, brees, manning (both), and rodgers (one great season and a superbowl from a team that got hot when it counted).
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,100 Messages
    2,221 Likes Received
    Nice Romo support write-up by Tim MacMahon
  12. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,826 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    There is just no way Cutler is a better QB than Romo. And it's just not stats that overwhelmingly put Romo into an elite conversation either. We are truly lucky to have Tony as our field general.
  13. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,828 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    :laugh2: You better red-recognize.
  14. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,034 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    although romo is the better qb, you just cant deny cutler's arm. dude can sling it.
  15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,236 Messages
    1,504 Likes Received
    Arm strength is the most overrated attribute in football.
  16. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
  17. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    This is a ridiculous comparison.

Comparing Romo to Cutler is like comparing Larry Fitzgerald to Dez.
  18. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,376 Messages
    979 Likes Received
    And yet Ron Jaworski believes Cutler is the 8th best QB and Romo is 10th. Amazing.
  19. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received
    Anyone else remember when people on this site wanted to trade Romo for Cutler "straight up?"
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Tell that to Matt Leinart or Tim Tebow.