1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ESPN: Vick says he didn't want to play for the Eagles

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Reality, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,869 Messages
    1,683 Likes Received
    Can you imagine if this had been the Cowboys how much media coverage there would be?

And this sounds strange ..

Read More: Full Article

#reality
  2. Champsheart

Champsheart Active Member

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I dont post much anymore, but this just does not seem right and is irking me, how can the NFL and the Commishiner dictate where a unrestricted free agent goes, this is ABSURD and flat out wrong. Looks like Tampering to me.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,340 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I still wouldn't want to be there. I'm sure he feels the same. :laugh2:

I wish he had went to Buffalo. He deserves that city and team.
  4. flashback

flashback Real Man of Genius

707 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,293 Messages
    435 Likes Received

I wonder if Commish had a chat with Steve Smith, Namdi. Vick opening his yap like that will make the people that think SB champs are picked prior to the season more vocal.
  6. peplaw06

peplaw06 That Guy

13,686 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=Agb2MkkesoYg3kl9TqRdm4s5nYcB?urn=nfl-wp5301

What the hell??
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    Well isn't that interesting? The league officials telling a player where he should go.

What a bunch of crap.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,006 Messages
    7,753 Likes Received
    What's the big deal? It's not like a QB coach took a boner pill or anything.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,601 Messages
    1,188 Likes Received
    Given the circumstances surrounding Vick's re-entry into the league, I have no problems with this move. It was up to Goodell to allow him back into the league anyway. No one knew he would end up this good.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    After telling GQ magazine that he didn't want to come to Philadelphia to be a third-string quarterback following his release from federal prison two years ago, Vick clarified his remarks Thursday.

"I did speak with many people, but the decision to sign in Philadelphia was based on my discussions with my agent, my family and with Coach (Andy) Reid," Vick said in a statement released hours before the Eagles played the Pittsburgh Steelers in a preseason game. "And after those discussions, it became clear to me that this was the place I wanted to play and resume my NFL career.

"The commissioner never told me to sign or not sign with particular teams. Again, I want to make it perfectly clear that this was a decision I made and, as I have said numerous times before, I'm very happy with the way it has worked out for me and my family."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...teer-him-to-eagles?module=HP11_headline_stack
  11. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,601 Messages
    1,188 Likes Received
    Yeah, right. :rolleyes:
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    So do you think Goodell said you will either join Philly or I'm not going to let you back in the league? As I recall not allot of teams where knocking on his door when he returned.
  13. Champsheart

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Back Peddle - I am sure he got a phone call, now have to spin this another way.
  14. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This is simlar to my thoughts. There always seem to be conspiracy theorists, and I know some will take all this (including the pere rumor) and see it as the Commissioner trying to help Philly win the Super Bowl, but that's hogwash as far as I'm concerned. If anything Goodell was looking for the best situation for Vick to stay on the straight and narrow.
  15. Champsheart

2,565 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    And that still is a crock. It should NEVER be up to the Commissioner to find the best situation (team) for a player, regardless. He either reinstates him or doesn't, but from there he should have no other involvement on where the player goes.
  16. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    lol. I see what you did there.

Nice backtracking and spin. I guess someone told you that you were an idiot for saying what you did and now they need you to clean up the mess that you're 10 cent brain caused.