1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: espn; Wade Phillips calls 911 on Cowboys season

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 23, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Wade Phillips calls 911 on Cowboys season
    September, 23, 2010 Sep 235:35PM CTEmail Print Comments By Calvin WatkinsIRVING -- At the start of his daily press briefing on Thursday, coach Wade Phillips called for a sense of urgency with his team at 0-2 heading into a interconference showdown with the Houston Texans (2-0) on Sunday.

"Another good practice," Phillips said. "Our minds are certainly in the right place. It's time to call 911, it's emergency. It's time to get things going and that’s where we’re pointing."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4672550/wade-phillips-calls-911-on-cowboys-season
  2. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,458 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Truth be told, Wade knows that anything less than a victory this Sunday may equate to an addition or two to the unemployment line.
  3. Quarterback Coach

Quarterback Coach Benched

1,658 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ain't gonna be that lucky...
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,386 Messages
    4,343 Likes Received
    5:35
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins

IRVING, Texas -- At the start of his daily press briefing Thursday, Cowboys coach Wade Phillips called for a sense of urgency with his team at 0-2 heading into an interconference showdown with the Houston Texans (2-0) on Sunday.

"Another good practice," Phillips said. "Our minds are certainly in the right place. It's time to call 911, it's emergency. It's time to get things going and that’s where we’re pointing."

Phillips won't talk about any other changes made, and he got a little feisty when asked if there were any off-the-field changes such as how meetings are conducted and the such.

"If you want to go into coaching just come by my office and I will tell you all these things and we can go into all that," Phillips said. "To sit here to tell you every thing I told the players, every specific thing we changed, all those things, I don’t know. I mean, you know, get out the waterboard and let's go. If this is an interrogation, let's do it. If it's just talking about football, I don’t think everybody out there wants to know exactly what we did on this technique."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4672550/wade-phillips-calls-911-on-cowboys-season
  5. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,025 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    That was Feisty?:lmao2: That lil ole cream puff.
  6. te0002

te0002 Member

820 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think a better question for those wo hate Wade is - would you trade an 0-3 start for a new HC?

Me? Not at all. Not b/c I necessarily think Wade is a great HC, but at this point I'm more comfortable with the Devil I know - Wade - than the Devil I kind of know - RHJ.