1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN Watkins: Roy Williams finally earns his keep

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 28, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,320 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    Disappointing WR shrugs off criticism, keeps working, has best game as a Cowboy
    [IMG] By Calvin Watkins
    ESPNDallas.com
    Archive

IRVING, Texas -- The patience and determination of Roy Williams are monk-like.

They have to be.

He signed a $45 million contract and hasn't held up his end of the bargain.

But the Roy Williams the Dallas Cowboys are paying for showed up Sunday afternoon at Reliant Stadium.

He caught five passes for 117 yards and two touchdowns. The touchdown receptions were from 63 and 15 yards. Of the 10 biggest plays in the Cowboys' 27-13 victory over the Houston Texans, Williams was involved in three of them.

It would appear the chemistry between Tony Romo and Williams is finally there.

Williams disagrees. He says it's been there all season.

"I'm glad it hasn't been talked about, but it's been there from game one," Williams said. "It's always been there. It's been under the radar, and that's the way I want to keep it. I don't want it on me. I just want to keep playing my game."

Read more: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=5624062
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dallas has three tremendous WR's it's going to be scary folks...
  3. mcnuggetz

mcnuggetz New Member

4 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bout damn time they started using Roy Williams correctly. He may not be the fastest or the run the best routes but it didn't help that Romo was so inaccurate the majority of throws to him.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Roy ain't slow he's just a long strider and doesn't have the same quickness as Dez or Miles.
  5. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,762 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Funny title. Maybe Watkins should start "earning his keep" and write some halfway decent articles.
  6. dr.rob

dr.rob New Member

128 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1 good game is earning his keep??? I don't get it. I truly do hope he has more games like last Sunday, but it's definitely going to take more than 1 great performance for me.
  7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,097 Messages
    975 Likes Received
    Someone said it a few days ago and I agree. If not for Alex Barron's holding penalty, Roy Williams is this team's early-season MVP.

Other than the fumble that shouldn't have been, I think he's been excellent this season.

I see a noticeable improvement over the #11 from last year and I hope he keeps it up!