1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPN: What Was Garrett Thinking?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  2. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is the second time in three weeks he's accepted a holding call on third down, after the defense stopped them.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,836 Messages
    7,564 Likes Received
    What's Tim MacMahon thinking? His judgment on this second-guessing is way off.
  4. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,685 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I mostly agree. I don't like Barber being used as a speed back. He is a power back, and he consistently shows why he shouldn't be considered a speed back.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,746 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    I though 3/4 of those decisions by Garrett were correct. The only one I dont like is toss to Barber. Dallas just needs to come to conclusion...no play to Barber is the correct call.
  6. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,746 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    most defenses would love 3rd and long scenarios all day long. Dallas just couldnt stop them.
  7. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I scratched my head both times. On the surface the one against Detroit looked worse because Detroit still would have had much more than one yard to go if we had declined, but the Saints weren't going to go for it on 4th and 1 at midfield because they were easily in control of the game at that point and they didn't want to give Dallas an opportunity to get back in the game.

Sure they do, but they also love making the the other team punt. By declining the Saints may have had 4th and 1 rather than 3rd and long, but they would have punted with 4th and 1, and isn't the point to get the ball back?