1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

EspnBlog: Cowboys see finishers in rookie linemen

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, May 3, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Cowboys see finishers in rookie linemen
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4679722/cowboys-see-finishers-among-rookie-linemen
    When Garrett took over as interim head coach from Wade Phillips, one of his immediate changes was to put the players in pads for Wednesday practices. The hitting was not that much different but the mindset was, and the Cowboys ran the ball more effectively in the final eight games.

“You want a physical team,” Garrett said. “You want guys who play with emotion, passion and enthusiasm and it shows up in their play. When you have offensive linemen who can set the tone for your football team, that’s a good thing and a lot of that is how they come off the ball, how they get into their guy and then how they finish the play. You don’t want guys who block their guys initially and then watch the action. That’s not what you want. You want those guys to set the tone for the play and for your football team and finishing has a lot to do with that. That is an emotional thing but it’s also an athletic thing. You need to be athletic enough to finish plays and we feel like these guys are that when you watch them on tape.”
  2. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,656 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Makes me think about that play that Free was running wayyyy down field.
  3. natesboys051

natesboys051 New Member

112 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Makes me think of Tyron, Arkin, and Nagy!!!!!
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,865 Messages
    4,922 Likes Received
    Makes me think some of our OL from last year shouldn't feel to secure about a roster spot next fall.
  5. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Also makes me think of James Marten...