1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: EspnBlog:Jerry Jones not ready to move on

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 25, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=watkins_calvin&id=6158398

"I haven't. It's there. Again, it's very disappointing, and [I'm] embarrassed about it," said Jones, who's in Indianapolis for the NFL scouting combine. "I don't want any of our players and our staff to move on from it. It should be a real motivation for everyone involved in this organization. It's even more embarrassing when you're here and you're evaluating talent."

The day before, a relaxed Garrett stood inside Lucas Oil Stadium talking about how the Cowboys' offensive line didn't play up to standards and how the running game didn't do its job in the first half of the season. He seemed determined to fix the team's problems.

Garrett has assembled a nice coaching staff led by defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who has promised that the defense will be better in 2011. Then there's wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson, who is hands-on and demands perfection. Defensive line coach Brian Baker comes highly recommended.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,498 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    We've got ourselves a really nice staff. I'm excited for what awaits if there's football this year.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,811 Messages
    885 Likes Received
    This. I'm hoping this is the best hire of the off season. Imagine if Dez actually knew the play book and Miles concentrated like 09.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,235 Messages
    2,803 Likes Received
    I'm fairly impressed with the changes. If only Horton would have taken over for Campo I would be completely sold.