1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: 5 Wonders: Garrett's future, Dockery's size

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 6, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,911 Likes Received
    Sep 6
    12:00
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- With the regular season set to open this week, here are five things that have me wondering:

**Payton and Jerry Jones have a close relationship, but Payton re-upped with the Saints through 2015 and that should put any of those rumors to bed …

** Could the decision to add Derrick Dockery have something to do with his size and who the Cowboys will be playing this year?

** Leon Lett is sticking around the Cowboys for the season.

** There are interesting stickers on some players’ lockers inside the Cowboys’ Valley Ranch facility.

Read the rest of the tidbits: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...onders-garretts-future-dockerys-size-stickers
  2. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    really cool to hear the Lett is sticking around in some capacity.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    They just cut a bunch of fatties.

They probably added Dockery because he's a vet who should be reliable enough to play the position right now.
  4. cowboystar55

cowboystar55 New Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Last time I watched the Miami game (and other preseason games), my good buddy Nagy was being 'tossed around' like a dinner salad at the Golden Corral's buffet line!!!! I like Nagy a lot but he's NOT going to stop elite NFL studs like Detroit’s Ndamukong Suh or Patriot's Albert Haynesworth or Vince Wilfork or Redskins' Cullen Jenkins or Buffalo's Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams. JG must either have a 'death wish' for Romo or believes 'quick hitters' or 'screens' or his 'short passing game' will negate these Teams' immense size and strength in the interior of their D-Line. To be fair to Nagy and Arkin, they both NEED a full season of Woicik's strengthening program!!! With Dockery in the lineup at left OG, he and Kosier (at right OG) may stand a better chance (but not much) against these POWER players.
    :star: :star: :star: :star:
  5. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,314 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Need pictures of the locker faceplates. :mad:
  6. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,117 Messages
    879 Likes Received
    The guy was a 77% FG kicker with below-average kickoffs last year. I sort of understand the nostalgia, but he's really not the answer.

Archer gets paid for writing? In English? Wow. [/grammar police]
  7. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Redskins LG weighs 292.

The Titans LG weighs 303.

The Cowboys have been running significant zone blocking during training camp and the pre-season, and you are probably about to see a whole lot more of it.

Kyle Kosier used to be listed at 303, and I've read where his weight would drop around 285-290 during the year.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,794 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    against someone like Suh, we clearly have to make sure on all plays that he is double teamed. I just hope Fairly is not ready to go at the same time - we could be in trouble.
  9. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,856 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    The Oline had a pretty good game against the Minny starters in the preseason, theirs is a big dline and one of the best in the NFL.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,794 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    They were not playing all their starters against us
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    Yea that would be sweet, particularly Witten's. This is almost like the NFL equivalent of helmet stickers...and I like it.
  12. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Weight has nothing to do with strength. They still aren't really strong enough, and need a year to develop, no matter how we want to spin it. Right now, they are decent, but they could be alot better strengthwise.

What is also forgotten is Dockery is 6'6" (as tall as our tackles), his weight is more spread out at 325.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow: