1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: A look at Cowboys' 2012 schedule

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 27, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,380 Messages
    2,225 Likes Received
    Dec 27
    11:15
    AM CT
    By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys can finish first, second or third in the NFC East, depending on what happens Sunday against the New York Giants.

Win and the Cowboys will win the division and clinch a playoff spot. Lose and also see Philadelphia drop its finale to Washington and the Cowboys finish second. Lose and see Philadelphia beat Washington and the Cowboys finish third.

So if you’re wondering who the Cowboys will face next year, in addition to the division foes, here goes:

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688829/a-look-at-cowboys-2012-schedule
  2. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,456 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    That would mark the 3rd or 4th time in a row we would have to travel to Arizona for a game against the Cards. Under what circumstances do we ever get them at our house?
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,344 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    That looks like a pretty tough schedule as of today.
  4. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,634 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Looks like another 8-8, or 7-9, or maybe a 9-7 season.
  5. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I wonder how easy the Stealers schedule will be again next season.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    This is the same thing that happened to Carolina as it pertained to facing us a few years ago. It is just a quirk of the schedule system as it pertains to the same place finisher portion of the final two games.

In 2013 they would come here if we finish the same place in our divisions. The next time we face the NFC West, 2014, they are coming here. In 2015 they would come here if we finished the same place in our divisions.

So it would be exactly opposite.
  7. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

768 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    next years schedule is simply brutal. If this current Cowboy roster were to match up to the teams on this schedule - we would be lucky to have 6 wins.

Hate to be negative, but wow. Our defense would be brutalized... Romo might now survive...
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,178 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    OUCH.

I mean REALLY

OUCH.

If we do not fix the O line Romo will be DOA by November.
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,142 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    Pretty tough scheduling but why worry about something that is next year? Every one of those teams, including ours, is going to change, and probably change a great deal, between now and then.

Some of the games that look hard right now might not be looked at as nearly as brutal by the time that portion of the schedule rolls around.

It does seems pretty tough though when you know that you've got a pretty good shot of playing the Saints, Packers, and Steelers in the same season. That's football though.
  10. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,543 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I'll be going to that game at cinci!! Can't wait, my first cowboys game ever...too bad it can't be at dallas but it'll be fun.