1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Anthony Spencer suffers hyperextended knee

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 12, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,867 Messages
    3,805 Likes Received
    Jun 11
    2:51
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys defensive end Anthony Spencer missed Tuesday's veteran minicamp practice because of a hyperextended left knee.

Spencer suffered the injury in last week's organized team activities and underwent an MRI afterward.

Spencer said he also has a bone bruise and that he will try to practice Wednesday.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Spencer, who walked around the Cowboys' complex with no limp. "You can't play football without having contact."

Spencer said he suffered the injury when he bumped knees with another player.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4709520/anthony-spencer-suffers-hyperextended-knee
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,645 Messages
    4,521 Likes Received
    Man, injuries suck.
  3. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Yeah, they do, but we could be snakebit like NO. Rob Ryan just gathers defensive injuries like flies to.. well you know.

I'm knocking on wood that a hyper extended knee and a bone bruise are the worst injuries our star players suffer.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,645 Messages
    4,521 Likes Received
    The football gods have not forgiven that family for taking out bounties on Aikman and Zendejas.

Unfortunately, the football gods aren't that bright and there revenge hurt us last season with Ryan as DC. Then again, we should have known better than to have hired a Ryan in the first place. :)
  5. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

842 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    $10 bucks says that Scandrick was in the vicinity, if not the culprit, of the knee bump.
  6. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

693 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Ha ha I remember last 2 years at training camp they were calling him " friendly fire" cause he keeps injuring our own players !

I have a Blue heeler dog, and a cat that has been with him the past 2 years. Good friends. Had a friend over for BBQ this weekend and her dog rushed my cat in backyard, MY dog bulled past the little dog and grabbed my cat in his mouth ! Just got excited - didn't hurt it, but the cat was like ! No harm done and was actually pretty funny - all night long we were calling the cat Friendly Fire !!! :D
  7. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,185 Messages
    760 Likes Received
    I would have figured Free's helmet when he fell to the ground as Spencer went unabated to the qb.
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,169 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    If he could only do that against opposing teams. :cool:
  9. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,544 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    :laugh2: