1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Ben Bass' resumé-building includes DE

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 14, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,058 Likes Received
    Nov 14
    3:42
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – If Ben Bass did not live in Plano, Texas, it’s doubtful he would have received an invite to the Cowboys’ rookie minicamp following the draft.

“I really didn’t know how the entire process worked, as far as being called as (an undrafted) free agent,” Bass said. “I thought you’d get called immediately after the draft. I didn’t know anything about getting called on Monday, so that Monday I was actually getting prepared to make a resumé and get out into the real world and work a 9-to-5 and all that other stuff.”

At 6-foot-5, 283 pounds, Bass had the look of an NFL player, but he did not excel at Texas A&M. But that height and weight earned a call from the Cowboys.

“Great example of guy, came in presented with an opportunity,” coach Jason Garrett said. “You try to draft guys as well as you can draft them, then you sign guys as well as you can sign them after and you think you know more about some than the other guys. We liked him, but from Day 1 he came in and showed us be belonged here in some way, shape or form.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...n-bass-resume-building-includes-defensive-end
  2. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I hope Bass can give us some much needed pass rush.:laugh2:
  3. 808CowboyFan

808CowboyFan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bass looked pretty good in the preseason.
  4. proline

proline Active Member

1,377 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think he will make a splash.