1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Bills TD celebration brings out romantic in Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 15, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,084 Messages
    5,614 Likes Received
    Nov 15
    10:20
    AM CT
    By Tim MacMahon

It’s not often that the opposing team’s owner will enjoy a touchdown celebration, but there was an exception after the Buffalo Bills’ lone score Sunday at Cowboys Stadium.

“I thought it was a neat as a pin,” Jones said Tuesday on KRLD-FM. “Frankly, our cheerleaders get the recognition that they get. I know it was a surprise to her, but I sure enjoyed looking at the highlights on ESPN and coverage like that to focus on that part of it. There’s a lot about sports. A little romance thrown in from time to time is another big plus.”

Jones laughed when it was suggested that the celebration could have put Reich’s cheerleading job in jeopardy.

“I haven’t talked to her about it, but the last thing that occurred to me was to be upset about anything,” Jones said. After pausing for a beat, he quipped, “Men, that’s nature.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...elebration-brings-out-romantic-in-jerry-jones
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,744 Messages
    2,423 Likes Received
    Damnit Jerry. It's Dixie's job to manage the cheerleaders.

Irritated over here.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't have any problem with it either honestly... I thought it was a great gesture.
  4. jwitten82

jwitten82 Active Member

618 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I cant believe people actually made a big deal out of this.
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,619 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    the ones that were all upset about it were the usual suspects, mostly.

Bet they are not happy that Jerruh saw no problem with it.
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wasn't upset about it in the fact that it was a TD celebration. What bothered me is that they call unsportsmanlike penalties on things that are much much less egregious.

My view is that they call to many celebration penalties as the NFL has become the No Fun League. But if they are going to call Austin for leaping over another player, then why not this?

With that said, I still think she should have waited for him to turn around and hit him in the head with the ball.
  7. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Who knows, maybe the difference is this wasn't an "end zone" celebration. Frankly I didn't see it as a celebration at all. He just made a choice who to give the ball to, and just because his choice was not the norm doesn't make it any worse than giving the ball to a fan, or someone else.
  8. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,201 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    He was off the field of play. It can't be a "celebration" penalty because he wasn't holding up the game. Just because the camera followed him off the field this time, and it normally doesn't, doesn't make it worthy of a penalty.

I'm sure there's lots of times that players are more flamboyant than that on the sidelines, when the camera just isn't watching it because the cameraman hasn't been tipped off to the fact that something "cute" was coming.
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,234 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    Nice. :lmao:

From the get go Jerry has said he would be involved with every aspect of the franchise from the socks to the jocks.
  10. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I thought it was great...but I did wonder what the women in charge of the Cheerleaders would think or do.
  11. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  13. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Prolly nothing. It was something to talk about on the bus ride back to Valley Ranch. Other than that, what can they do? Kelsi didn't do anything.
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,115 Messages
    2,893 Likes Received
    Simple it did not take place on the field of play. Had Austin leaped over a teammate on the sideline nothing would have been called. There is not flag for celebrating on the sidelines
  15. jubal

jubal Active Member

627 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I was wondering how a player from the Bills hooked up with a local unless he was from this area too. But the announcers did not mention that like they did the player that had to move for our stadium.
    Also seems like I heard the girls weren't to date the players. Just our players I guess.

Irritated over here because my wife doesn't look like that anymore.;)