1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: ESPND Broaddus: Tony Romo will always try to make a play

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 10, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,912 Messages
    14,720 Likes Received
    Oct 7
    9:00
    AM CT
    By Bryan Broaddus

The minute Tony Romo stepped off the field against the Lions, you knew the questions were once again going to be asked of Jason Garrett after another crushing defeat to a team the Cowboys had a double-digit lead on in the fourth quarter.

No position takes more heat in a defeat or gets more praise when things go well than quarterback. It’s something that all quarterbacks understand, at all levels. It’s a position where you can play with brilliance for 58 minutes then wilt under the glare of blinding pressure in the final two minutes.

Mistakes are part of the game. Bad decisions are just as important as the good ones. Quarterbacks prepare all week to avoid mistakes, because their mistakes and decisions directly affect the outcome of the game, good or bad.

I know that Tony Romo understands this in thought, but there is something that we scouts saw in him many years ago coming out of Eastern Illinois. Romo is not a robot quarterback. You can’t program him to play. He plays on feel, determination and guts.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4684910/tony-romo-will-always-try-to-make-a-play

2. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,945 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    Romo needs to keep doing his thing but make better choices and he can do that. Romo is a baller, JG has to let him ball...

3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At 31 it's too late to try and change Romo...

4. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought that was a really good read. For the most part, I agree with all that was written. It will remain a balancing act with Tony. You have to take the good with the bad. After 16 games, we hope that there is way more good than bad. What many have failed to notice; Romo is throwing the ball better this year than last. His accuracy and ball placement has been very very good.

5. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

5,151 Messages
    1,898 Likes Received
    The thing is, he's done it. Look at 2009. He threw up that stinker against the Giants early in the season. After that, he made what looked like a conscious decision to be more careful with the ball. And he did so, successfully, for the whole season after that.

The question is, was that a fluke, or can he pull it together again? Beats me.