1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys agree with Dockery

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Sep 4, 2011.

1. 2233boys

2233boys Benched

2,283 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has a point, in the future Jerry will be dead so we have that to look forward too.
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,665 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    And you're butt hurt over this move? :laugh2: Doesn't matter what the Cowboys do, some fans just get pissy over anything.

Sorry guy, but I will take Mansta's assessment over yours any day.
  3. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,956 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    I mentioned Dockery about two weeks ago as an option over Holland, considering he's a Texas native and went to UT etc. I'm thinking Dallas had their eye on him for some time and probably wanted to wait until after the first game to sign him. There might have been others interested in his services by signing him now...who knows. I'm not sure if he's any stronger, but he's probably a little better at getting to the second level than Holland...which isn't hard to do. :)
  4. NoDak Cowboy

NoDak Cowboy Benched

309 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, not butt hurt in the least. Just don't see getting rid of a mauler type OG and picking up the same kind. Neither fit the make of our OL. A few years ago, sure. But anybody can clearly see were moving towards a smaller, more mobile and athletic line.

And as far as Mansta goes, I couldn't give a **** less if you took his take over mine. I'm not hear to try garner followers like others here do. I just state my opinion, whether it follows the flow or not. And if you follow his take of Dockery over an actual NFL personnel man's take that has been posted in this thread, that's good to know.
  5. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If they got him for small dollars, he will do as depth. I am not deceiving myself into believing that he is strong, mobile, or any sort of a tactician... but he IS suitable for a backup roll and represents a small improvement over Holland who was not even motivated. I am much happier to have a motivated guy who at least "wants" to do well.

Lucky for all concerned, we do not use zone blocking. On the goal line, he can move his guy off the line... that is his strong suit; straight ahead run blocking.

Since he didn't play much last season, and has managed to keep himself somewhat in football condition, he does earn points. Should be well rested, healthy, and eager to please. If Garrett is happy, then I am willing to be content with the signing... Holland was not motivated at all and that was reason enough for a change, even one that is just a small improvement.

Don't ask Dockery to do what he can't do well, and he won't disappoint. Compare that to Holland who was such a disappointment that even having invested a $500k roster bonus in Holland this season, we couldn't wait to show him the door. That tells me all that I need to know.
  6. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,108 Messages
    36 Likes Received
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,998 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    You probably think that okra is an oriental insecticide....:cool:
  8. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,221 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    If he sees any lengthy playing time, get ready for an uptick in penalties lol...that's what he became known for among Skins fans.

But as depth you could definitely do worse.
  9. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,947 Messages
    415 Likes Received
    This is probably a little easier on the eyes then seeing Holland's lard flaps still jiggling from the last play in every huddle, but other then that it's pretty much a push
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,852 Messages
    2,492 Likes Received
    Dockery is not great by any means, but atleast the dude doesnt stop at Krispy Kreame every day after practice either.

Dockery >>>> Holland
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    You have to get the content, lazy players off the roster if you want to reshape this team with a youth movement.

Gurode was content. He's still a very good player but his time here was done. Maybe the release motivates him and the Ravens get a steal for a year or two. That wasn't going to happen here. Holland was another guy who just didn't get it. No fire. No passion. Here for a paycheck.

Leonard Davis also fit this mold.

We may be worse off this year along the OL if the young kids can't play, but over the long term getting rid of these types of players will be a good thing. It will allow the head coach to truely change the culture of the locker room.
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,852 Messages
    2,492 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Time to get rid of the entitlement atmosphere that has been going on at VR for several seasons now.
  13. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd like to know that, too... I think he might be able to play some RT if needed...
  14. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just admit that experiment didn't turn out the way you'd hoped... we'll forgive you (most of us, anyway)...

Oh, and never, ever do it again...
  15. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,897 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Lol! Derrick Dockery is born on September 7 just like me.

He'll be 31 on Wednesday and I'll be 32.

That's hillarious.

I do think he is better than Holland as long as he's getting the vet minimum for the 1 year.