News: ESPND: Cowboys' decision on Dez Bryant should wait

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 17, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,710 Messages
    14,350 Likes Received
    Jul 17
    11:51
    AM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

At some point in the next few years, the Cowboys will have to determine if Dez Bryant is worth it.

Not just the money that would come with a new contract, although that will certainly be a factor. But all of the time and attention they must pay him to make sure he stays on the correct path. After all, a death by a thousand paper cuts is still a death.

Bryant’s arrest Monday is alarming on a number of fronts. The police report states he slapped his mother's face with a baseball cap and pulled her hair. Extenuating circumstances or not, the charge is reprehensible. A man does not put his hands on a woman. Ever.

However, the calls to cut, trade or suspend Bryant seem to be a rush to judgment just hours after the incident. Let the judicial system play out. Let the NFL do whatever it deems necessary with the personal conduct policy. And then make a decision. Maybe the right thing to do will be to cut, trade or suspend him.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4693925/cowboys-decision-on-dez-bryant-should-wait
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,507 Likes Received
    I would be very surprised if he is not suspended by the league.
  3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I would be very surprised if he is. Particularly if no charges are filed. As far as we know he's never been arrested for as much as a misdemeanor.

Players have done much, much, much worse and never received suspensions. Marshawn Lynch and Elvis Dumervil did much, much, much worse just this week.