1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys players lack accountability

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,741 Messages
    906 Likes Received
    Bash away!

PHOENIX -- It might be time to break up the band.

Dallas Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones says he likes his core group of players and wouldn't change much about them.

All this core has done is send Bill Parcells into retirement, get Wade Phillips fired and jeopardize Jason Garrett's job security for 2013.

But Jones has a different take on his current team.

"I feel better about the talent level of our team over the last two years than maybe others do," Jones said. "I just don't think that it's the smartest move for us to really abandon the direction we were going personnel-wise."

The reality is the Cowboys are 16-16 over the last two seasons and have missed the playoffs the last three years. They are in a salary-cap mess, with little money to obtain free agents.

It's one thing to make roster moves because of salary-cap restraints, but at some point Jones has to put players on notice.

Jones' allegiance to the core has to stop. And it has to stop today!

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...needs-hold-dallas-cowboys-players-accountable
  2. xpistofer

xpistofer Member

946 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Yes, the players are not accountable, because I said so.
    And Jerry needs to change that right now.

Amazing what passes for journalism these days.
  3. elcowboi

elcowboi Active Member

875 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    This same article comes out every year. I finally get it now...
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,009 Messages
    7,755 Likes Received
    Watkins thinks Bernadeau needs to be held responsible for all these recent surgeries.

Somebody get that quote about 'if an elite pass rusher is available, the team should draft him' into the hands of Jerry Jones, stat. I'm no Watkins, but I'd extend that to 'elite QB,' too, if one happens to be there at 18.

Good stuff, Calvin. This guy'd make a great head coach someday. Better than Phillips, anyway.
  5. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    I feel like spooning my eyes out after wasting 5 minutes reading that
  6. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The real problem with this team is that the GM lacks accountability.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

9,001 Messages
    2,026 Likes Received
    Dallas as a whole organization lacks accountability.

Jason Garrett is the main one.
  8. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    This may not be the greatest article and recurring, but it reminds me of an observation about life:

When a lot of people make the same observation, it's likely to be true.

They say JJ is the player's buddy, and it undermines the authority of the HC to set a fire under them.

I remember Parcells did NOT want TO, but JJ overrode him....probably factored in him retiring.

Remember Jack Lambert was asked why Chuck Noll was so aloof and he said he did not want to get too close to people he would have to cut - he would have to do that to most of the players. Landry had a distance for the same reason.

This is not breaking news - it's rehashed. Because JJ fancies he can magically win inspite of the dysfunction he breeds.
  9. DWelch1775

DWelch1775 Couch Warmer

460 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    :laugh2: