1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys sign four to 2012 deals

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 2, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,066 Messages
    5,573 Likes Received
    an 2
    4:32
    PM CT

By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys signed four practice squad players to futures contracts for 2012 on Monday, including defensive tackle Robert Calloway, linebacker Orie Lemon, wide receiver Teddy Williams and cornerback C.J. Wilson.

Because of the impending free agencies of Bradie James and Keith Brooking, Lemon would be seen as having a chance to earn a roster spot in 2012. He had a productive training camp and preseason before spending the year on the practice squad.

The only player to finish the year on the practice squad not to re-sign yet is cornerback Mario Butler.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4689213/cowboys-sign-four-to-2012-deals
  2. punit328

punit328 Active Member

694 Messages
    31 Likes Received

Whats the deal with Mario Butler? I know some people were high on him when he signed as an UDFA. Hopefully he can take Alan Balls place
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I liked Lemon actually, I thought he did enough to make the roster but we had to keep Brooking.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,255 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    I wonder if Keith or James would empty the punch bowl after their Dallas careers?