1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys Stadium turf gets facelift

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,458 Messages
    3,286 Likes Received
    Jun 11
    8:40
    AM CT
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

The team is replacing the field at the stadium because of wear and tear since the $1.2 billion stadium opened in 2009. With the number of events at Cowboys Stadium and the times the field has been rolled up and stored, it was beginning to fray in areas.

While the artificial turf that is used and how it is stored will continue to be handled the same way, how it is being assembled will change in hopes for a longer shelf life. The old field was put together with a series of patches required for all of the markings on the field. With the new field, a hole will be trimmed to the base of the field and the section will be glued, mostly eliminating the seams.

The Cowboys will look to replace their college and high school field in the future but nothing has been finalized.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4709511/cowboys-stadium-turf-gets-facelift
  2. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,169 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Hopefully, this time the grass will be green, instead of that bluish tone they've had in the new stadium.
  3. TheKey

TheKey Faster than Felix

2,596 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Then it will match our pants.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,971 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    Tough decision for jerry........"Me, or the stadium. Hmm?"
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,899 Messages
    3,851 Likes Received
    Ba-da-bing! The seams around the mouth are wearing out from too-frequent use!

Normally, I'm not in favor of Jerry-pooping in threads, but, since the thread title actually has the word 'facelift' in it, it's pretty much begging for a reference, so I'll let it slide. :)