1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Cowboys talk about the GW touchdown

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 4, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,649 Messages
    6,348 Likes Received
    Dec 4
    8:30
    PM CT
    By Calvin Watkins

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals' game-winning touchdown was a result of the Cowboys making a few critical mistakes.

The Cowboys scouted that when running back LaRod Stephens-Howling comes into the game, the possibility of a screen pass is in play.

Faced with a first-and-15 from the Arizona 48, Cowboys outside linebacker Anthony Spencer and inside linebacker Sean Lee blitzed quarterback Kevin Kolb.

At the last minute, Lee backed out of the blitz realzing Stephens-Howling was running to the flat. Kolb floated a pass to Stephens-Howling with Lee trailing, and after dodging three defenders scored on a 52-yard catch-and-run for the game-winning touchdown.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4687667/cowboys-talk-about-the-gw-touchdown
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    For all the ****ing and moaning about Dez not knowing plays and such, I thought this was interesting...

"It was one of those instances, first of all we kinda of miscued as far as our coverage," Newman said. "We had guys playing one thing and guys playing another thing so of course we didn’t execute on that play. When [Stephens-Howling] comes into the game, it's usually something out of the backfield. We didn’t get lined up right and next thing you know he's in the end zone."

So they didn't know what they were doing?

If one player doesn't know what's going on it's a him thing. When a team doesn't know, it's a systemic thing and that begins with the coaches.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I agree

by now they should know what they are doing
  4. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It's coaching. Pure and simple.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Paging Rob Ryan's coaching... Are you there?
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,457 Messages
    2,848 Likes Received
    Campo & Rob Ryan, come on down.
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    Meh this team is dumb and will continue to be dumb. I don't think Rob Ryan will save anything, this team has struggled mentally for years.

Just basic football and they don't even know the play. We might as well just drop everyone back into a zone all day like Pasqualoni's scheme. Sure we'll get carved up but at least we might get some interceptions. Rob Ryan's defense needs to get turnovers to make up for all the yards they give up but so far, they've come up empty in 2 straight games.
  8. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hearing this is like going in to the hospital for a kidney transplant and waking up to find you've been castrated. And given an AIDS infected kidney to boot.

Nobody knows what the **** is going on in the game on the sidelines??!!!???
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It's ok. Garrett is a genius. He went to Princeton ya know?
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,101 Messages
    6,918 Likes Received
    Ugh...
  11. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,679 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Newmans attempt at a tackle was pathetic he was barely blocked. This guy needs to go in the offseason he has been terrible the last few games.
  12. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,242 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    I gotta wonder how much work is really going on in practice and in the film room with these guys. It's not looking too good. I would love to be a fly on the wall during film session with the defensive coaches and identify how many plays were busted coverages and not lining up properly. My guess is 40-50% of the snaps. Many times they just get lucky and the QB delivers a bad throw or the WR drops one like Doucet did late in the 4th quarter
  13. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,639 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    check out sensy on that play...he should be embarrassed.
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,378 Messages
    2,982 Likes Received
    Mixed up coverages seem to happen constantly.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm sorry but the defense needs a secondary overhaul... The draft will provide them with some good players, Garrett and company would be wise to take a few!!!