1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Audio: ESPND: DeMarcus Ware has faith in Tony Romo...w/audio Post #25

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 3, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,594 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    Apr 3
    5:33
    PM CT

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

During a three-minute interview on Sirius XM radio Wednesday, Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware said quarterback Tony Romo is deserving of his new seven-year $119.5 million deal.

"I feel like you know everybody is deserving of whatever is given to them," Ware said. "But at the end of the day, to me, it's put up or shut up. I'm just being straight up honest with you. Get out there and be productive, and that's with any player. Whatever they get, they're deserving of it. You just got to get out there and play, and I know he can be and will be the quarterback who will take us to the next level."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4707195/demarcus-ware-believes-in-tony-romo
  2. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,869 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    In Before:
    But oh, what else is he supposed to say? Everybody knows Romo sucks
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,113 Messages
    4,033 Likes Received
    What else is he supposed to say?
  4. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,283 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    What would Romo say about Ware??
  5. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,477 Messages
    2,818 Likes Received
    Of course he'd be PC and diplomatic no matter but he's on record enough for me to think that's genuine. JMO.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,214 Messages
    1,336 Likes Received
    He COULD have said nothing but chose to speak. That is an indication right there.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,869 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  8. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,439 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Not a single damn thing. Ware has been recognized by plenty as one of the best pass rushers of this generation who can shut down the run as well. Sure, he was hurt last year - but Romo has been hurt quite a lot the past few years. Romo's comments regarding Ware would probably be somewhat the same, minus the put up or shut up part.
  9. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,085 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Maybe something like, I throw INTs late in big games, he whiffs on tackles and gets no sacks late in games, we are similar players. :cool:
  10. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Ware wound up on the all decade team despite being drafted half-way through it, I think that says it all right there.
  11. Califan007

Califan007 Well-Known Member

1,160 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    Interesting...three different news sources reporting the same story, but with different headlines:

ESPN Dallas: "DeMarcus Ware has faith in Tony Romo"

DallasNews.com: "DeMarcus Ware on Tony Romo's extension: He deserves whatever is given to him but 'to me, it's put up or shut up'"

ProFootballTalk: "DeMarcus Ware says it’s put up or shut up time for Tony Romo"
  12. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,606 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    As is the First Take headline. DeMarcus Ware says about Romo: "it's put up or shut up"
  13. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:
  14. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    This is being twisted so freaking bad. Ware didn't say Romo needs to put up or shut up. He said everyone needs to and followed it with essentially saying all any player can do is produce...basically defending Romo.
  15. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    My goodness, do you have to defend Romo about every little thing? Are you on Romo's payroll? Geesh
  16. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    How am I defending Romo? I'm defending Ware and his comment.
  17. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,143 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Faint praise imo
  18. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,718 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I've lloked for the audio from the whole interview cause I know how a snippet can be take and turned into something it wasn't. That being said he did say he should put up or shut up at one point in it. He should know how that's gonna get twisted. When it comes to money and other players getting it you shouldn't say anything or atleast watch your worss. Romo and no one else said anything anout war contract a few years ago. Ware has been the leader the past 3 year on a d that has been some of the worst in cowboys history. He has as many playoff wins as romo. Romo and ware are my to faves on the team but I really think the whole team including the gm need to shut up.
  19. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,068 Messages
    255 Likes Received
  20. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

863 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Ware to everybody, put up or shut up.

“I feel like everybody is deserving to whatever is given to him, but at the end of the day, to me it’s put up or shut up,” Ware said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I’m just being straight-up honest with you. Get out there and be productive, and that’s with any player. Whatever they get, they’re deserving of it. You just got to get out there and play and I know he can be and will be the quarterback that is going to be the quarterback that is going to take us to the next level.” -Ware