1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: DeMarcus Ware on 21-sack pace

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 24, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,059 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    Oct 23
    9:14
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

ARLINGTON, Texas -- On Friday, Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan called DeMarcus Ware the best defensive player he has ever seen in his coaching career.

“That means a lot to me coming from Coach Rob because he’s coached a lot of great players,” Ware said. “He doesn’t lie about anything but he says that, and I take it with a grain of salt because I know how much that means to him and his defense. I’ve just got to keep playing.”

Ware picked up his eighth sack of the season and forced an A.J. Feeley fumble on the play as well. Ware tied Tony Tolbert for the most sacks by a Cowboy through the first six games of a season since sacks became an official stat in 1982.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4685600/demarcus-ware-on-21-sack-pace
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,709 Likes Received
    DeMarcus Ware is easily one of my favorite players.
  3. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    I really hope this is the year DWare gets DPOY. He might not lead the league in sacks but the overall performance defensive unit will help his cause this season.
  4. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,638 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Mine too. He is easily the best defensive player in the NFL yet it is amazing that he is somewhat of a unknown to fans of other teams.

Time to grow some locks and get a headandshoulders commercial and maybe he would get some obvious holding calls. He could probably get 30 sacks, not exaggerating, if he wasn't held so much.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    He's definitely the front-runners this season, no doubt about it. The fact that he's been a lot more consistent this year helps.
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jared Allen is having a monster year too... It will be interesting to see those two compete for sack title!
  7. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,339 Messages
    957 Likes Received
    One of my absolute favorite Cowboys players ever, a beast at his position, plays hard on every down, in every game. I love this guy. I really hope he surpasses the 20+ sack area again. I love this guy.
  8. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,655 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    QFT I was going to post something similar and, no, you are not exaggerating. He could easily be sitting at 12+ right now.
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,222 Messages
    1,167 Likes Received
    I would love to see the refs start making a few of those holding calls. All the other top pass rushers get those calls year in and year out, but Ware seldom does.
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Good point. The reason I give the edge to Ware is that the Vikings absolutely suck :laugh2:
  11. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,638 Messages
    300 Likes Received
    Yep, the refs doesn't do Ware any favors.

I was talking to a couple of Texans fans and they were arguing that Mario was better. I hate all stupid fans!:mad:
  12. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good point... I don't think individual awards should be determined by team performances though.
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    I can't see Allen winning it unless he breaks Strahan's record or something. Generally the DPOY plays on a top 5-10 defense. Minnesota's is currently ranked 25th I believe. That is pretty much what penalized DWare in 08 and why Harrison(unfortunately) won it that year.
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Totally agree...but the fact of the matter is that they are.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep... I hope Ware gets 3 or 4 sacks next Sunday! National stage, what better way to get DPOY votes!
  16. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,827 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    Would be nice, but not too likely, I think. The Eagles have given up very few sacks this season, and I expect Dallas to focus on maintaining their lanes and keeping Vick in the pocket.
  17. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,107 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Ware is a complete player

and i loved Tony Tolbert--if his knees had not gone bad, he would have had even better stats
  18. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think they are giving up right many sacks actually...
  19. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,856 Messages
    694 Likes Received
    Chance for the record:

1. Rob is DC and not Wade - that could be the X-factor. Rob, by design, can probably manufacture a 3-4 sacks for Ware.

2. Ware gets held - need to bring aWAREness to that

3. Ware gets called for jumping offsides when he clearly has just perfectly timed the snap

4..... Save the best for last. Ware breaks Strahan's record in Giants stadium, last game of year.

How do you like them apples? (Strahan/Favre)

:laugh2: