1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Dez Bryant 'just getting started'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 4, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,483 Messages
    4,442 Likes Received
    Receiver among biggest reasons why playoff hopes still in Cowboys' grasp

Updated: December 3, 2012, 2:57 PM ET
    By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

ARLINGTON, Texas -- For all Jason Garrett's rhetoric about the importance of stocking the Dallas Cowboys roster with the "right kind of guys," his job security might rest in the hands of a guy with a reputation for being one of the NFL's biggest knuckleheads.

The Cowboys' playoff hopes -- alive but still slim after Sunday night's 38-33 win over the Philadelphia Eagles -- definitely rely heavily on Dez Bryant.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. At all.

Right now there isn't a better player on the roster. The reformed knucklehead receiver -- or the guy who has at least done a lot of growing up recently -- is one of the biggest reasons the Cowboys have any hope of surviving this regular season.

The Dez discussion is no longer dominated by unfulfilled potential. It's all about his Pro Bowl-caliber production now.

Look what the dude has done while the Cowboys won three of the last four games. His sick numbers in that span: 29 catches for 475 yards and six touchdowns.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ggest-reasons-why-dallas-cowboys-playoff-hunt
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,035 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    Keep getting the ball to your playmakers in good positions... Demarco Murray is the key though, with him running the ball defenses will have to start stacking the line of scrimmage.
  3. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,847 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    "Just getting started"--I love it!!
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  5. djmajestik

djmajestik Member

944 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I just wish he was just getting started when the season was just getting started! But I guess better late than never! :star:
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,940 Messages
    1,323 Likes Received
  7. 4lifecowboy

4lifecowboy Active Member

819 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    Haven't heard from Drew Pearson lately!?
  8. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    It's really a shame we've not been able to any play action game until the other day. IMO that's where Tony is the most dangerous. I understand why we haven't been able to do much play action but it sure makes Tony and the rest of the offense a lot more dangerous.
  9. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,093 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Every now and then i like to pop in and thanks Woodysgirl, and others, for taking the time to post articles.

I really appreciate it.
  10. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,847 Messages
    443 Likes Received
    He's still a kid by NFL standards, an immature kid when he came to Dallas and slowly developing into a man. I think it's fans who were far too impatient with him, and had Austin/Witten been healthy and productive at the beginning of the season it wouldn't have mattered as much.
  11. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,675 Messages
    1,576 Likes Received
    I really think they simplified things for him, and that is why he and Romo seem to be clicking. The guy obviously isn't the brightest guy in the world, so make things simple on him and he will do great things. Strange it took them 2 and a half years to figure that out.
  12. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Or the game has slowed down for him, the great ones all say the game slows down for them when they are in a "zone".
  13. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,465 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    while you could argue who is better btwn Demarco Murray and Dez, I can tell you who is a heckuva lot more important to us winning and it ain't that close....Demarco...without him we have no running game and nothing to alleviate the constant pressure on Romo.
  14. GusTheo

GusTheo Member

158 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    What about all the people who said the Cowboys had no locker room leadership?

Looks like the veterans, guys like Romo kept Bryant in check, and offered him support when he needed it most. And it's starting to pay dividends.