1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: ESPND: Felix Jones worried about health, not role

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 15, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,320 Messages
    9,981 Likes Received
    Nov 15
    2:00
    PM CT

IRVING, Texas -- As Felix Jones handed out early Thanksgiving Day meals to needy folks at The Salvation Army’s Carr P. Collins Social Services Center in Dallas on Tuesday, the Cowboys’ running back was asked when he would return.

“I’m telling them just look forward to me being out there very soon,” Jones said. “Tune in.”

Felix Jones said he is not worried about his role.

“Man, they’re really just worrying about me getting back on the field first then once that happens we’ll start talking about what’s going on on the field. Right now I’m just worried about my health and getting out on the field.”

Felix Jones said the ankle, “is getting to the point where I felt at the beginning of the season. That’s 100 percent. I’m getting there.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4686733/felix-jones-worried-about-health-not-role
  2. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,103 Messages
    4,124 Likes Received
    Credit to both Murray and Felxi Jones for their handling of this situation.

The blabbermouth owner could learn a thing or two from their media savvy.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't wait to see both on the field at the same time honestly... Major weapons!!!!!
  4. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can see defenses having panic attacks already. :)
  5. fan62

fan62 Member

708 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Wait -one of the major reasons that Murray is doing so well is that his fullback, Fiammetta is blocking so well. Why upset this and bring in Felix? I might do it in a few circumstances, but not more than 2, maybe 3 plays a game.

I am just saying, leave it alone and let Murray do his job; bring in Felix to give Murray a breather. Don't mess up a good thing!
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Word.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The more weapons on the field, the better, trust me on this....
  8. AZ_Cowboys_Fan

AZ_Cowboys_Fan Active Member

584 Messages
    52 Likes Received

What Houston has with Foster and Tate is what we will have with Murray and Felix. Good luck to opposing defenses.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

42,320 Messages
    6,268 Likes Received
    Maybe you're right. But the counter to your argument is Fiametta is helping make it happen for Murray. Not saying I believe that's all to that argument but I do believe the FB will help both backs. I think Murray is the better all around RB but Felix can cause problems for defenses, too.
  10. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,163 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    I really wish they'd leave the guy alone.

It's bad enough for him to witness the run game gel while sitting on the sidelines after he's given 110%. Keep turning the knife espn. It's all you got.

I HATE espn. with a passion.

Did that leave my head?