1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Foot injury sidelines Kyle Kosier

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 2, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,469 Messages
    3,307 Likes Received
    Nov 2
    4:35
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys continue to manage Kyle Kosier’s plantar fasciitis through the week but for the first time the veteran guard was unable to take part in a practice.

Kosier has played the last three games with the foot injury but he had been limited in practices. If he cannot play, then Derrick Dockery would likely move into the starting lineup. Dockery returned to the active roster for the first time last week at Philadelphia after missing four games with a knee injury. He started at left guard in Week 2 at San Francisco.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4686077/foot-injury-sidelines-kyle-kosier
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    great so if Nagy or Arkin aren't ready next year we probably need to get two day one OGs and a day one C. Might have to hit a big name in FA.
  3. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My God, this OL really blows. Our best lineman is a rookie.

Psthetic!

Thanks Jerry! :mad:
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,665 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    I thought Dockery was ready, and we did sign Loper... or whatever his name is.

The line needs work, that's for sure.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,184 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    Hey, I'm still a happy camper. For the next five games, Derrick Dockery and Montae Holland are fine for guards.

Let Kyle Kosier get heathy for a December to January time span.

Next season, the Cowboys will have Arkin back, and with the upcoming run of games, a fair gauge of both Dockery and Holland.

No matter what, the play of Phil Costa has to improve, or be replaced next off season. It would require a healthy Kosier for him to replace Costa at this point, although. Kevin Kowalski or Daniel Loper are the only other alternatives for the center position, although, in the here and now.
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kosier is a bum... I'm sick of him.