1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Former Bengals OG Livings To Visit Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    By Todd Archer
    IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys might not be done addressing the interior of their offensive line with Cincinnati guard Nate Livings expected to visit with the team, according to multiple sources.

Livings, who turns 30 later this month, has started every game the last two years at left guard for the Bengals and has made 47 starts in the last four years. At 6-5, 332 pounds, Livings has the size the Cowboys seem to want to plug the interior of the line.

Earlier Wednesday the Cowboys signed Mackenzy Bernadeau, 6-4, 308 pounds, to a four-year deal with what has been described as “starter’s” money.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
  2. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

851 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    just keep on bringing in the big boys. A Center would be nice tho
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Nate Livings scheduled to visit Cowboys
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4690859/nate-livings-scheduled-to-visit-cowboys
    March, 14, 2012 Mar 148:42PM CTEmail Print Comments0By Todd ArcherIRVING, Texas – The Cowboys might not be done addressing the interior of their offensive line with Cincinnati guard Nate Livings expected to visit with the team, according to multiple sources.

Livings, who turns 30 later this month, has started every game the last two years at left guard for the Bengals and has made 47 starts in the last four years. At 6-5, 332 pounds, Livings has the size the Cowboys seem to want to plug the interior of the line.

Earlier Wednesday the Cowboys signed Mackenzy Bernadeau, 6-4, 308 pounds, to a four-year deal with what has been described as “starter’s” money.

Note, this guy i dont like, is slower than molasses, 5.45 in 40, said some racial slur on national tv, just dont like him, but hey maybe cowboys know something i dont.
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,290 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    The Decastro deal is looking farther and farther away. We're taking a pass rusher or big man with that 1st pick. I hope so anyway.
  5. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,895 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    It was strange how quickly the staff went after Bernadeau last night. Callahan and Garrett must really like this guy and his potential.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    :eek:
  7. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,674 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I hope so
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,477 Messages
    8,376 Likes Received
    Starter's money, eh? Oh, boy.

Livings was an UDFA who really blossomed in Cincinnati. Intriguing but doesn't fit what we thought was the new mold for Cowboys' offensive linemen.
  9. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Yep, i dont like him, said a racial slur on national tv, and is slower than molasses. But hey, what do i know, jason and callihan must like something about him, but he kinda reminds me of Bigg, who was slow against quick DTs. Runs a 5.45 in 40, so not very quick.
  10. Parcells4Life

Parcells4Life Active Member

652 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    This makes me believe we go OLB with our 1st pick then. Trying to copy the Giants formula of never enough pass rushers.

That or a DT/DE. I don't know much about the big time players at that position available at 14
  11. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    611 Likes Received
    Meehhh on Livings, he got abused in the playoffs against Houston.
  12. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Has anyone heard contract details on Bernadeau? This "starter's money" talk has me a bit worried, especially with all the options out there.
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I see these guys as replacements for Holland and Dockery. Not sure if Bernadeau is being looked at as a starter, but Yahoo Sports has his 2012 salary at $1,200,000. LINK
  14. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,638 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Looking at our 7th interior OL, interesting cause although we have money left, if they are looking to pick up an OL in free agency seems like they would pick one that would be a more significant addition.
  15. John813

John813 Active Member

484 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    +1. Surprised no numbers released yet.
  16. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,676 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    that is his 2011 salary
  17. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,330 Messages
    562 Likes Received
    seems contrary to what red has been doing on the OL with the lighter, more mobile lineman.
  18. shmee

shmee Member

128 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Racial slur??? Explain....
  19. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,014 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Not to mention younger FAs.
  20. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member