1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Injury report: Tony Romo needs X-rays

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 9, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Cowboys' officials said Romo got the wind knocked out of him, but the quarterback said he'll get X-rays Monday.
    • Wide receiver Dez Bryant hurt his left foot at the end of the fourth quarter and after being taken out, he returned for a two-point conversion pass. Bryant said he hopes to practice on Wednesday.
    • Cornerback Morris Claiborne suffered a separated left shoulder while making a tackle in the fourth quarter. Claiborne did return after the shoulder was popped back into place and finished the game.
    • Backup running back Lance Dunbar, who missed the game with a sprained foot, ran sprints before the Giants game and is on target to return to practice this week and the same could be said of backup safety Danny McCray (groin). McCray said he expects to play in the Week 2 game against Kansas City next week.
    Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...ort-romo-needs-x-rays-and-spencer-gets-closer
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    I thought that was what happened to Claiborne. Nice effort to get back out there.
  3. CowboyDiver

CowboyDiver Active Member

123 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Not only a nice effort but I saw him lay out a couple times after that play...giving up the body. Pretty tough dude.
  4. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    That was terrible tackling technique and he paid for it.
    newlander likes this.
  5. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Its amazing how fast a person's knee can get to feeling better after watching their replacement have a good night.
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    spot on...he won't last long in this league tackling like that....it's high school horse bleep. He knows better too...did it last year and got hurt along the sideline and the staff told him to knock it off
  7. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,845 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    I'm sure Romo does have a cracked rib, though I doubt they'll release that information if he does. Definitely need B.Waters as soon as possible so we can keep Romo up right. Any more hits like the one he took last night and he could be done for the year. As for Dez I think he'll be fine, he's a physical guy so he'll be able to tough it out. Same with Claiborne.
  8. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,274 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    That or a deep bruise. I thought it funny that the official word at halftime was he got the wind knocked out of him. Everyone knew ot was something more than that.
  9. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,295 Messages
    1,280 Likes Received
    He was wearing rib protection already, so I think it's quite possible it is "just" bruised ribs. I'm sure he'll be out there for game 2.
  10. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,321 Messages
    1,388 Likes Received
    Don't think it was a cracked rib. He would have been out for at least a few plays if it was. They are just taking extra precautionary measures. It's probably a bruise. A cracked rib is an immense amount of pain. A bruise is much more playable.

YR
  11. CowboyDiver

CowboyDiver Active Member

123 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I am guessing he does not have a cracked rib. After the game, he looked like he was feeling ok....with a cracked rib you feel pain with every breath.
  12. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    I'm worried about DEZ. Hope this is not a bad sprain.:oops: