1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jason Garrett is making excuses

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by DOUBLE WING, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,061 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    By Tim MacMahon
    ESPNDallas.com

Jason Garrett rarely just says what he means while he stands behind his personal podium at press conferences. He typically either avoids issues with lengthy non-answers that sound intellectual or forces folks to read between the lines.

So let's read between the lines from Garrett's Dallas Cowboys postmortem press conference Monday: His first full season as a head coach was really all about cleaning up GM Jerry Jones' mess.

OK, that might be taking it too far in an attempt to get something interesting out of Garrett, but he clearly wanted this season to be remembered as a rebuilding year, even though he never uttered the R-word.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...calling-dallas-cowboys-season-rebuilding-year
  2. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,660 Messages
    8 Likes Received
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,008 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    Its traditionally an American ethic that we are able to make up our own minds. If you need Tim McMahon to 'read between the lines' for you then you deserve something that borders between pity and contempt.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,883 Messages
    7,299 Likes Received
    I love how people assume the head coach of a football team is supposed to tell them the truth on any question asked of them.

I think Parcells addressed that when he was hired. How he's not paid to share the truth all the time.

It's why you should never get all that upset by press conference statements. What they say in staff meetings and what they say to their players is most definitely not the same thing they're saying to the media and fans. Probably more times than not.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,075 Messages
    2,503 Likes Received
    They're just mad that they went from a weekly nugget from Wade to spit bile about to absolutely nothing with Jason Garrett.

They can't talk football, so they can't write anything meaty that will get clicks, so they're pissed.
  6. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    advice to the masses....if at first you read By Tim MacMahon
    ESPNDallas.com................stop reading there ......he is the biggest hack in town
  7. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,184 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    This is an insult to journalism.
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I don't really blame Jason...some things maybe shouldn't be revealed...just because they ask a question doesn't obligate him to give them an answer
  9. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    Keep the secrets to yourself. ;)
  10. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,774 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Nowhere in that quote of Garrett did he say he told the media that in the beginning. You could read between the lines and get that, but I read between the lines and see it as it was an internal discussion.
  11. Mash

Mash Active Member

4,061 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I dont even read these mediots articles anymore.....

I dont know what it is....more and more stuff written ...said on air...sport programs....just annoy me....its like all it is some kind of agenda to shock viewers....cause a stir...etc....

TMZ sports media.....

Is this what society craves for?

Most fans I talk too...especially die hard fans...who love their sport....just hate sports media now...its become a joke...

But their must be a demand for it......I swear it must be these fly by nite fans that talk smack to everyone but really doenst have a favorite team....

Its amazing the gibberish that spews from these mediots.......and they get paid for it....
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    it was all but categorically denied that the boys were rebuilding this season from DAY ONE.

But what they did on the O line pretty much said otherwise.

IF they had gone after Waters and maybe someone else to shore up the line they could have an arguement. But they did NOTHING but rely on rookies and UDFA's on the O line. Trying to say you are not rebuilding but doing that is hypocritical at best and dishonest at worst.
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,411 Messages
    2,140 Likes Received
    "The most obvious growing pains for the Cowboys this season occurred on the sideline."

Major truth bomb right there, even if the masses dont want to hear it or believe it.