1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jason Garrett's crew has put egos aside and turned into a bunch of grinders

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 30, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,886 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys have a new identity
    Jason Garrett's crew has put egos aside and turned into a bunch of grinders

EmailPrintComments12
    By Calvin Watkins
    ESPNDallas.com
    Archive

IRVING, Texas -- This is a different Dallas Cowboys team than you're used to seeing.

There are no diva wide receivers being brought in to jump-start the offense.

Forget about high-priced free-agent offensive linemen or safeties leading the charge.

If we've learned anything from the first month of the 2011 season, it's that these Cowboys are more homegrown. And if a free agent is signed from another team, don't expect a fancy news conference announcing the deal.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7027976/dallas-cowboys-proving-team-grinders-jason-garrett
  2. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,574 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I wasn't aware that Witten took off his kevlar vest during the game because it was bothering him. He is another tough hombre.
  3. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I am pleased Calvin Watkins recognizes what is happening.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can see the change on the field... It's a beautiful thing.
  5. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,544 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    Not really, he is just a dumb jock that doesn't understand the use and the importance of padding.

More like surprising...

Indeed it is. That is why I laugh my but off at the forum regulars that go out of their way to find fault without mentioning the obvious growth.
  6. followthestar

followthestar Active Member

2,083 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I'll go a step further or even farther, and say putting egos aside may be a top-down trend. And at the top is Jerry Jones & Son. Not sure how old Jerry is, but I'm not sure he's quite as.. hands-on anymore. The identity of this version of the Boys is defined more by the coaches than the owner, at least to me. Perhaps JG may have actually gained Jerry's trust...?
  7. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received

next: the skeptical side of the fan base....
  8. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    They'll eventually follow the media like the sheep they are and do now.
  9. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,631 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    I really like what's going on with this team.. It's a beautiful thing and it's just getting started..
  10. STSINAZ

STSINAZ Active Member

2,845 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we play close games because thats where our talent level is....and mike jenkins is not going to make it in the nfl...too small...too injury prone due to that
  11. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,544 Messages
    226 Likes Received
    The close games had nothing to nothing to do with talent but lack of prep for and by the backups playing as starters, yep there is a difference.
  12. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    quoted for truth.

I expect Garrett and Co. to have our WR corps on the same page this week. I have no doubt in my mind at all that the fiasco last week we saw on the field with Romo directing presnap traffic is personally embarrassing to him and he won't let that happen again.

With the amount of injuries we have at the key skill positions on offense we're going to be a grind it out team at least until after the bye week.
  13. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,178 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Some of us have said for the longest time now that Jerry trusts Jason Garrett, that is why he would not let him get away, plus Stephen Jones is taking on more now, and Jerry is letting the younguns (JG and Stephen) do their thang.
  14. Hostile

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    Uh, Mike Jenkins has already made it in the NFL.
  15. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They just want to look for anything to criticize... It's truly amazing.
  16. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,545 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Nice article. I like what Garrett is doing with this team. No egos or prima donnas. Just go out, do your job, and put the team first. I like it when players who have scored a TD just give the ball to the ref(Larry Fritzgerald-example). Act like you done that before.