1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jason Hatcher: 'Front seven didn't get knocked around'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 19, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,192 Messages
    7,009 Likes Received
    Sep 19
    3:55
    PM CT
    By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Defensive end Jason Hatcher doesn’t want to hear another word about the Seattle Seahawks’ offense physically whipping the Cowboys’ front seven Sunday.

“It wasn’t like that,” Hatcher said. “Our front seven didn’t get knocked around off the ball. It may look like that if you look at the score, but it wasn’t like that.”

So what can the Cowboys’ front seven learn from watching the film of that second half?

“Nothing, nothing in general, man,” Hatcher said. “Nothing that we did up front as a D-line and as a front seven. Nothing, really. We did a great job knocking them back. It’s one of those things. We’ve just got to eliminate the mistakes we made, the turnovers, the blocked punts and things like that. We’ve just got to clean up every aspect of our game. It’s always something you can get better on, but I didn’t see too much.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...cher-our-front-seven-didnt-get-knocked-around
  2. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,779 Messages
    638 Likes Received
  3. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,342 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    We're unstoppable! Seahawks just got lucky...the defense is totally amazing!
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    No, you can erase the score and look at the fact that the defense couldn't get off the field.

Granted, they were likely gassed because the offense couldn't stay on the field but that doesn't change the fact that Seattle basically ran over them.
  5. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,661 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    He makes a little bit of a point.....more than 70% percent of The Seahawks points, you can't pin on the D

Sure they could have been more dominate....but we didn't help ourselves on Special teams or Offense.
  6. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    This is what Lee had to say about their performance...

“I think last year it was,” he said Wednesday, asked if defensive inconsistency is a problem right now. “If we’re talking about the first game and a half, it wasn’t. From a defensive standpoint, we were inconsistent in the second half. That’s going to lose games.”

“If you look from the first half to the second half, the first half, everybody was on point, everybody was doing their job every single play,”he said. “The second half, I don’t think we executed. If someone makes a mistake here, if we don’t fix something there, it led to big plays. It just shows you against a good running back, you have to be on point the entire game, and I dont think that’s something we did the second half.”

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...lf-to-second-half-in-seattle-sean-lee-sa.html
  7. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,393 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't think the defense was awful. The run defense was a little disappointing toward the end of the game. Early special teams errors and a lack of anything from the offense is what lost the game. I don't really know exactly why the offense was so unproductive. I don't know if it was horrible O-line play, a bad game by Romo, the receivers not getting open, or a collection of things.
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I just lost all respect for Hatcher. I guess part of the problem with this team is they don't know wheather they are giving a beat- down or getting one. He should be man enough to own up to getting this one. It was clear to the rest of the world.
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree. I just cannot for the life of me bring myself to like Hatcher at all. He just seems like a "get by" kind of guy. Never one to take responsibility for much at all.

How can he say this? :lmao2:

Oi....the embarrassment.
  10. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    d gave up 17pts. That should be good enough to win. This o needs to put pts on the board. the o and st has given the opp 13 pts in 2 games and gave us 28. they have given up half of what they have scored. You cant put that on the d.
  11. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    I'm with Hatch 100 percent. And I love his attitude and respect him.
  12. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    If I am not mistaken, wasn't that final score a 80-90yard drive right down the defensive line's throats? You don't consider that as a case of being pushed around? How can you respect a man that doesn't want to he accountable for his actions?
  13. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    my bad 31 pts and almost half. it wouldnt let my edit so had to make a new post.:laugh2:
  14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,091 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Teams go on 80 yard drives in the 4th quarter of games. My gripe with the defense is that thus far through 2 games they haven't generated turnovers but I see what Hatcher is saying. He has a right to feel that way. He's out there playing. We're the ones just sitting in front of a TV set and watching him. If he doesn't believe they didn't get pushed over I believe. I didn't see them get pushed over. I saw the offense only put up 7 points though. Now that unit got pushed over.
  15. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As lame as it initially came across to me, I think I can get a general sense of what Hatcher's trying to say... I think.

Hatcher said our front seven "didn't get knocked around off the ball" ... let's say that's true and give him that. On the flip side, our front seven certainly wasn't knocking Seattle's O around either, generally speaking. Nothing much of anything to brag about that I can recall.

Best thing I can say for our Defense, in general: take away what our STs gave up, the D only gave up 17 points. But getting the other team's O off the field... that's on the D. They did a poor job of it in the second half. So...
    Q: Nothing to learn from the film of that second half, Jason? Really?
    A:"Nothing, nothing in general, man," Hatcher said.
    If "nothing in general," how about looking closer... at the details. C'mon man. Something went wrong, especially in the second half. All on the secondary? Hardly.

At least acknowledge our front seven was less than dominating, Jason... that your group couldn't get Seattle's O off the field when we needed it... something.
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    70 seems a bit much.
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    He is right actually... This loss goes on the offense and special teams.
  18. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,960 Messages
    7,699 Likes Received
    Yep. Though, I believe Sean Lee's was probably right that there were problems with the run fits in the second half. But the main culprit was the early mistakes.
  19. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    More like 37%
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,453 Messages
    6,018 Likes Received
    looks like the early special teams blunders are going to be used as a scapegoat for why we lost even though we were only down 6 points at half.

the offense had several opportunities to regain the lead, failed.

the defense had several opportunities to not only get off the field on 3rd down but also create a game changing play (turnover), failed.

spotting them 10 points was bad but blaming the loss solely on that is disingenuous. other teams came back from worse circumstances this past week (giants, eagles).