1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jerry Jones hints at coaching staff changes

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    Jan 6
    10:45
    AM CT
    By Tim MacMahon

Changes are likely to come soon on the Cowboys’ coaching staff.

“We’ll give you better answers on that as we go over the next three weeks,” owner/general manager Jerry Jones said during a Friday appearance on KRLD-FM, indicating that hires would be made the week of the Jan. 28 Senior Bowl. “That’s pretty much the way I’ll leave it.”

Those changes will not include defensive coordinator Rob Ryan unless he gets an offer to become a head coach. Jones said he is excited about Ryan returning as defensive coordinator, adding that head coach Jason Garrett is in agreement on the issue.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...erry-hints-that-coaching-staff-changes-coming
  2. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

3,358 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    yay. obviously waiting for the playoffs to come to a close. i wonder who jason has in mind
  3. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Here's hoping for new secondary coaches and a new OL/running game coordinator.
  4. punit328

punit328 Active Member

700 Messages
    31 Likes Received

please get Dave Campo the hell out of here!
  5. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Gone:

Skip Peete, Hudson Houck (retiring), both of these will now be coached by one..probably Sparano will coach both

Dave Campo...replacement????

OC?..........wishful thinking
  6. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,316 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    For coaches, give me Dom Capers (DC), Tony Sparano (OL/OC/A-HC), and Dennis Thurman (DB), Todd Grantham (DL).

Who's with me? :D
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Curious, why would Skip Pete leave? Things are picking up substantially in his positional area.

Houck, last season, stated that he intended to retire this upcoming season. So Sporano would fit nicely. But here, he probably wants to return at least as an Offensive Coordinator first.

Campo has been in the organization for quite a long run. He wasn't opposed to moving into another capacity within organization, last season. So a change here could be seemless.

I would love to see Brookings as a linebacker coach, and then the direction that Rob Ryan pursued as to his secondary coaches.
  8. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    The irony of pairing Jerry with Garrett. One can't wait to tell you everything. The other, even when he talks, tells you nothing.
  9. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,579 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Jerry and the RHG may already have been planning on a large scale turnover in personnel this off season anyways, but it sure looks like this is Jerry's response to the overwhelming criticisms of his handling(overrating) of personnel.

No need for a billboard, Jerry has already got the message,,,
  10. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,012 Messages
    641 Likes Received
    Tony Sparano and Jerome Henderson.
  11. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Tony Sparano, and he should get serious consideration for offensive coordinator or OL coach/running game coordinator. Sparano should get the Assistant Head Coach label and a bunch of $.
  12. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    I doubt it will be particularly earth shattering.

new OL and DB coaches. Unless someone gets hired elsewhere, I doubt we'll see anything earth shattering
  14. AbeBeta

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Peete gone. Seems like he did well getting a rookie RB ready to go
  15. AbeBeta

25,602 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    We already have an A-HC. I doubt that we'd strip the WR coach of that. We'd likely have a hard time recruiting coaches in the future with that distinction if we took it away. The title is meaningless anyway -- just a way to get guys to move to your team - someone who has already been a HC doesn't need that line on his resume.
  16. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,219 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    The Senior Bowl has always been the pow wow of coaches looking for jobs and unofficial interviews.
  17. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Do you have any concept of being able to point out transition points and decision makings at linebacker? Brooking was great at this, and is a dynamic leader as well. He would make a great Coach...as was Dat, before he left for A&M. Now try to look smart in insult where it applies. And if you hadn't noticed, Jerry said there were to be coaching changes. And Brookings is projected by many sources for being cut as a roster player.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Perhaps you wish to jump right up and venture why a projection of our running backs coach makes sense....oh yea, you are more into palm hands.
  18. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received

:laugh2: Dude I facepalmed because you spelled seamless and Brooking wrong.
  19. Sandyf

Sandyf Member

587 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Actually, I believe Sparano will be here before the Senior Bowl as the OL/Asst HC guy. Wouldn't be surprised to see Thurman Thomas here as the safety coach but almost assuredly there will be a new secondary in charge coach.
  20. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,160 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    Thurman Thomas?!