1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jerry Jones Says He'll Aways be GM

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by mickswag, Nov 6, 2012.

1. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I thought after the Parcell's hire that he had it in him to look at the landscape every once in awhile and correct some faults for the sake of winning. But I look like I'm wrong.
  2. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    180 Likes Received
  3. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,281 Messages
    149 Likes Received
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    I think he's reacting so strongly with this crap "my way or the highway" stuff because the heat is on. Poor team. His handpicked coach isn't looking so smart. Booing him @ the stadium.

I remember when Jason was hired he was saying well I do have a big hand in things but if Jason doesn't want a player he won't be here.

I should have known he was lying.
  5. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,659 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    Jerry can keep pitching that line...but the reality is...the media and fans anger is only increasing to the point that his interview are becoming hostile. Maybe down the road the fans start to act out...maybe banners at Texas Stadium ridiculing Jerry...maybe protest outside of the stadium. At some point Jerry will be isolated and that is the first step of getting rid of a dictator. It will take time..but we will eventually win and take him down.
  6. igtmfo

igtmfo Well-Known Member

1,243 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    :D

Maybe fans will stage a Bay of Pigs. With air support this time.
  7. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,437 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    He's talking about this a lot more than he ever has because he is starting to get grilled by the media locally about his warped structure. Nationally, people are also starting to see what has been the main constant and problem with the Cowboys the past 15....16....17 years and its him. We continue losing and the media will intensify the grilling.
  8. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Fixed :)

There is not a single other HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM that would even consider having him as GM (even if he donated his entire fortune). That is how bad this is
  9. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Exactly: Only way Cowboys will improve is "regime change" or at least JJ starting to act like Murchinson/Rooney/Kraft.

And I stand by my analogy JJ is addicted to football control like Amy Winehouse was to liquor and both said "No, no, no" to abstinence. The only flaw to my analogy is JJ so far has not hit a brick wall that tells him it will never work.
  10. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,068 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    Cowboys Stadium. Texas Stadium is history..Jerry is our own little Napoleon though & he does need to be exiled. :p:
  11. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

926 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Well, then the keys will be handed to his even more talentless son.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,767 Messages
    5,048 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

He pretty much is, but like any great troll, he still gets the suckers.
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,767 Messages
    5,048 Likes Received
    The Redskins fans did something like this, and if I recall correctly, the signs and things were confiscated.

Problem is, the majority of our fanbase is not like your typical rabid NFL fan.

Most do not care he is running the franchise into the ground.

Most are like placid sheep.

Even though the fields were once robust and full of tasty grass, it is okay nearly twenty years later to have a mostly barren grazing area about half the size of the original that is quickly grown with Miracle-Gro, from season to season.
  14. acheman

acheman Member

975 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Insanity = Doing things the same way over and over, and expecting different results. The League has changed, but yeah, 20 years ago this style worked (we all know because of who, and it wasn't Jerry). But by all means let's just keep doing the same stupid crap. Jerry is now officially the Dana Carvey character from SNL 'GRUMPY OLD MAN'. "Back in my day, we did it this way, and it worked! And WE LIKED IT!"
  15. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Says on a national interview he would fire a GM with his record. Says Publically that he will always be the GM days later. Sad our fans still support this moron.
  16. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,573 Messages
    1,434 Likes Received
    Paging the sand man.
  17. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well we have always known its about money with Jerry, this is his main business and he wants profit. I will say though, I don't give the Cowboys one dollar cause of Jerry, sure I have a few hats and stuff I bought years ago, but I refuse to put money in his pocket anymore.

Kudos to everyone who has season tickets, goes to games, and such....really I want another Cowboy jumpsuit and would love some Cowboy stuff on my golf bag but Jerry just doesn't deserve my money at this point.

Funny thing is I have defended Jerry for years, but recently I just can't do it anymore. I've had enough of the old crusty fart.
  18. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,828 Messages
    1,072 Likes Received
  19. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    he did draft sean lee
  20. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

954 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    NO JJ.. you think you know what is right but dude you suck..