1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Jerry might be scared, not players

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 20, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,079 Messages
    5,593 Likes Received
    Dec 20
    4:13
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- Earlier on his KRLD-FM radio show, Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones admitted he was “scared” of the Philadelphia Eagles after the 34-7 annihilation on Oct. 30 at Lincoln Financial Field.

“I think sometimes I know I do my best when I’m scared,” Jones said.

Scared wasn’t a word the players used when told about Jones’ comment.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688522/jerry-might-be-scared-not-players
  2. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,514 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    I'm with Jerry. Nobody on the defense has shown me anything to be puffed up and confident about. I only hear talking coming from them. That's about it.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,810 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    I'm not scared, but neither am I confident of a Cowboys win.

Andy Reid has outcoached both Ryan blowhards.

I have bad nightmares of Vick throwing bomb after bomb on our D, and we can't stop him.
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,831 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    It would have been nice if Jerry would have thought a little bit more about this in the off season. Coleman + Elam are your big additions to the 2nd worst defense in the league?
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,194 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    Not all his fault...he made plays for other guys like Huff and NA.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I still have faith that someday..SOMEDAY.. Jerry will learn to just shut his mouth for the good of every other human being in the world.
  7. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yet.....

There might be a tad bit of inconsistency in your hyperbole.

Personally, I'm not scared of the Eagles. I think that we will define the game. Either we play up to our capability and we win. Or we play below what we are capable of and we lose.

If we are on, we win.

We really haven't played a complete game other than the Buffalo game. If we can put together a complete game, we can play with anyone.

Vick is dangerous because of his dual threat feature, but he has shown this year that he still is not a dangerous pure passer. He's completing less than 60% of his passes and he has a 1:1 TD to Int ratio. Jackson can be shut down this year and Maclin has been dinged up. It was their Tight End that went off against the Jets.

So you just play Vick the way he was played in Atlanta: contain the running game and his scrambles and make him beat you with his arm. Sure, he'll get some yards and a TD from passing, but he isn't going to light us up. Moreover, our Offense is a good match-up against their D. So I like our chances of our Offense against a Vick passing game.

So I say go all in to shut down McCoy and the Vick scrambles. Make him throw on us. And we take our chances that Romo can out gun-sling Vick (and he can and will).

The only reason we lose if we fail to play to our capability.
  8. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,893 Messages
    2,138 Likes Received
    The offensewill be fine. That Philly game was very, very flukey in that Dallas was down 3 scores in a blink.

I like that Ryan slightly dumbed down the defense after the Giants loss so the players...hopefully...won't be caught out of position so much for those giant plays.