1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND JJT: Roger Goodell shows he's the boss

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 13, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones finds out he's not immune to consequences after NFL cuts cap space

Updated: March 13, 2012, 12:59 AM ET
    By Jean-Jacques Taylor | ESPNDallas.com

Jerry Jones used to be the NFL's most powerful owner, and it wasn't debatable.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell showed Jerry who wields the power in the NFL -- and it ain't the Cowboys' owner.

Goodell is omnipotent, the league's Alpha and Omega, its judge and jury. All must bow before him and kiss his ring -- even Jerry, who pays 1/32 of his salary.

Hey, it could've been worse. The league took $36 million worth of salary cap space from the Washington Redskins. The extra cap space was divided among 28 teams. Oakland and New Orleans also violated the unwritten rules to a lesser degree, so they weren't penalized, aside from not getting the extra cap space.

Whining about this predicament is worthless. An appeals process doesn't exist, and life has never been fair.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...erry-jones-takes-risk-roger-goodell-makes-pay
  2. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,225 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    I'm gonna finally say it.

To hell with you, JJT.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    i've seen dingleberries with more honor than JJT.

shock-jock. nothing more.
  4. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

878 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Why does JJT seem so disgusted by the Cowboys? I understand some of these guys don't want to be looked at as a homer, but why not temper it a bit and just be neutral? why come off as so anti-jerry? The cowboys provide a means for him to make his living. Why not have a little more respect.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    :laugh1:

Without reading the article (because Jean Jock Tailor is not worth reading) I'll will summarize: Jerry, bigger than Godless? Ridiculous!

Jerry tried to gain an edge and now the Cowboys must pay! Unbelievable. What a joke!

The Cowboys must now cut half the team to be in compliance. Ridiculous!

Does that about sum up the article?
  6. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,225 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Pretty much.

For a moment I thought he was actually going to take our side... but then he went back to passive aggressively attacking the Cowboys again.

It's so frustrating that our team gets absolutely no support from our local media. If this had been the Stealers, the Pittsburgh media would be flying terrible towels against the NFL right now.
  7. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    That's Gene Jock. Personally, I think he's bipolar.
  8. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I don't know anything about Gene Jock, but bipolar could be the commissioner's problem. He has taken an indefensible action. What is weird is that other teams that are also guilty piled on against the Cowboys.
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Why is access even given to this repoter? Is it even given anymore? I am serious. If I am the club, this is an article that isn't about reporting. It's about being a slime ball. Everyone is pretty much in agreement the Cowboys didn't break any rules but freakin Cruella Deville wants to snipe and play games in his write ups. This wreaks of an axe to grind. I seriously wouldn't allow access to my team anymore. To hell w/ any fines. I can send a message too. Be a professional and write the facts. You don't always have to be TMZ, jack-wagon Zzzjjjjjaque!

Embarrassing
  10. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    I just don't understand how the league can approve the deal when it was submitted, then penalize the teams in hindsight a year later. :confused:
  11. underdark

underdark Member

501 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    To hell w jjt....Amen, amen
  12. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    JJT, thanks to the depth of knowledge you bring to your articles.:rolleyes:
  13. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    I still hope Jerry and Snyder show Goodell a lesson or two. Just because they haven't done anything yet about it doesn't mean that they can't.
  14. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Ohio St. must be an awfully bad university to have produced this turd.