1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: JJT: Tony Romo must keep Cowboys winning

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 14, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,145 Messages
    6,944 Likes Received
    With DeMarco Murray, there are no excuses for Dallas to not be a playoff contender
    [IMG] By Jean-Jacques Taylor
    ESPNDallas.com
    Archive

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The softest part of the Dallas Cowboys' schedule occurs over the next few weeks.

Washington is dreadful these days. Miami is awful. As is Arizona. Those are the Cowboys' next three opponents.

If Tony Romo performs the way he did Sunday -- there's no good reason he shouldn't -- when this stretch of four games in 21 days ends Dec. 4, the Cowboys will be riding a five-game winning streak and positioned to make the playoffs.

Those prospects are shocking for those of us who still consider this a rebuilding season, but we should also note three weeks in an NFL season represents an eternity.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7230929/tony-romo-job-make-sure-dallas-cowboys-keep-winning
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    But ...... but ....... average?
  3. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,174 Messages
    924 Likes Received
    Sure, there's no good reason Tony shouldn't put up a 148 QB rating every week, with as many TDs as incompletions and better than 10 yards per attempt. And as soon as he puts up anything less and the team happens to lose a game, we'll be sure to point our finger at Tony as a choker and a scrub.
  4. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It must be hard being JJT. After he called Seattle bums, and roasted Dallas for only beating them by 10, they go out beat what many consider to be a good Ravens team.
    [quote = JJT]
    Football teams constantly evolve, which is why we must be careful making snap judgments about players or teams.
    [/quote]
    What a load of crap. That’s called being an instant evaluator. He wasn't careful when he all but looked the other way when Dallas beat Seattle last week. That's called being overly sensational and fanning the "Dallas hate sales" crowd. I respect people that own up to it, I'm not so thrilled when people hide behind their own built in excuses.
  5. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    i absolutely HATE JJT
  6. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    I know it and you know it because I told you to know it. But if it does not happen the way I know it, it will be ignored so I can profess I know something else.
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,260 Messages
    4,584 Likes Received
    He sends french kisses your way. :p: ;)
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,471 Messages
    3,797 Likes Received
    JJT talking playoffs? just last week his write up was "Cowboys proving they're just average" because we did not beat the Seahawks like a drum, no we just beat them.

Ravens wish they could say the same after yesterdays loss to the seahawks. :lmao:
  9. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,195 Messages
    2,792 Likes Received

He has some built in excuses for dallas making him look foolish, too.

and

and

and

JJT bugs the **** out of me.
  10. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You cannot yell this loud enough from the tallest of mountains.

The guy is a complete HACK writer.

Lazy Lazy Lazy ~~~
  11. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    It's amazing how high Romo has set the bar. If he doesn't have one of the Top 5 games any NFL QB has put up in the last 3 years he's fallen short.
  12. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    you would think he would have gotten one of those fancy jobs at the NFL Network by now...because Lord knows how hard he has tried. With JJT we are terrible when we lose. We are terrible when we win. Teams that beat us are great. Which makes me ask "How can a team that beats a terrible team be great"?
  13. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,219 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    What a load of crap. That’s called being an instant evaluator. He wasn't careful when he all but looked the other way when Dallas beat Seattle last week. That's called being overly sensational and fanning the "Dallas hate sales" crowd. I respect people that own up to it, I'm not so thrilled when people hide behind their own built in excuses.[/QUOTE]

Love your signature. Sad that you have to post it here these days.
  14. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love your signature. Sad that you have to post it here these days.[/QUOTE]

Thnx Mike. I have to give credit to Hos. He originated the quote.
  15. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,734 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    JJT is at the bottom of the barrel of sports writers. So JJT, if Romo throws a few perfect passes in the next few weeks that are tipped up in the air by butterfingered receivers and they are intercepted, we should start hating Romo again? You are a putz.
  16. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,547 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    This. The DMN got considerably better once he left.