1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Justin Durant: Cowboys' LB corps can be among best

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 28, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,232 Messages
    7,061 Likes Received
    Jul 28
    1:01
    PM CT
    By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

OXNARD, Calif. – All the hype about Sean Lee and Bruce Carter is justified, as far as the Cowboys’ other starting linebacker is concerned.

“Man, Bruce is special with how athletic, how strong he is, how fast and everything. It’s crazy,” Justin Durant said. “And Sean is probably the best at playmaking recognition that I’ve seen. He can diagnose. He knows more than the coaches, man. It’s just crazy.”

What does Durant, who signed a two-year, $2.4 million deal in free agency to start at the Sam linebacker for the Cowboys, bring to the party?

“I’ve been in it for six years and I’m just a little older guy,” Durant said. “I’ve seen a lot. I’ve played in some big games and stuff like that. I think I just bring a sense of calm to it to try to make it mesh more as a unit. That’s the thing that I think I can bring.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...tin-durant-cowboys-lb-corps-can-be-among-best
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,564 Messages
    2,431 Likes Received
    Can barely contain my excitement over this group
    Future likes this.
  3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,978 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    health...must have health
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,561 Likes Received
    If all 3 are healthy going into the playoffs, watch out.
  5. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,912 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    Justin Durant said. “And Sean is probably the best at playmaking recognition that I’ve seen. He can diagnose. He knows more than the coaches, man. It’s just crazy.”

Wow that is a crazy statement but exciting nonetheless..
  6. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Durant was an excellent pick up. Was a solid player in Detroit the past few years, really suprised we got him so cheap.
  7. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,142 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Durant isn't a slouch so that's pretty good coming from him... I think we'll see a difference with this 4-3 scheme, Lee and Carter fit it much better.