1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Mike Jenkins could be done with Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 3, 2013.

1. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mario Williams signed a 6-year deal as a rookie. He wasn't re-signed by Houston, so it's the same thing for all intents and purposes. I'm sure Jenkins would be in Dallas another year if he had another year on his contract.

From 2007, there are more first rounders that went to other teams than stayed with the team that drafted them (of the 27 guys that are still in the league, that is). It's not that uncommon.

LaRon Landry, Jamaal Anderson, Ted Ginn, Amobi Okoye, Marshawn Lynch, Adam Carriker, Jarvis Moss, Aaron Ross, Reggie Nelson, Brady Quinn, Brandon Meriweather, Robert Meachem, Ben Grubbs, and Greg Olsen all changed teams (14 players).
  2. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received

As he should. You have a problem with that?
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,306 Messages
    1,129 Likes Received
    Yeah, I do.
  4. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,288 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Yep, and I could have won the lottery last night if I knew what I knew now.

I'm sure you can point to your posts back then clamoring for any of those guys you mentioned.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,249 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Honestly, why would any fan ever want a player who doesn't care about winning to be on their favorite team?
  6. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Active Member

491 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    If only he could play safety :laugh2:
  7. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,428 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    IF Jenkins wanted to stay with the Cowboys and IF he was good with being a backup at a backup price, then I would be ALL for having him.

However:

1) He made it clear (according to number insunuations on the Lunch Break and Talkin Cowboys) that he can't wait to get out of Dallas.

2) He will get a payday in FA from some team. Probably not at the Carr level, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get something fairly close to it. (Between Carr's Deal and Scandrick's last deal -- 40M or so.)

At least we stand a good chance of getting a high comp pick (3 or 4) in 2014 :)