News: ESPND: Ozzie Newsome salutes Jason Witten

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 13, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,720 Messages
    14,377 Likes Received
    Nov 13
    12:26
    PM CT
    By Todd Archer

ARLINGTON, Texas -- With a 5-yard catch in the first quarter, Jason Witten surpassed Hall of Famer Ozzie Newsome for third place in NFL history for catches by a tight end.

Witten now has 662 catches. Newsome had the most ever by a tight end at the time of his retirement with 661.

“Jason is a complete tight end with the ability to block at the point of attack and make plays downfield with his catches,” said Newsome, who is Baltimore’s general manager, in a statement from the Ravens. “He has a way to get open that few tight ends possess. He’ll find the spots in zones, he can run away from man coverage and he can catch a ball in heavy traffic. Congratulations to him on reaching another catching milestone.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4686595/ozzie-newsome-salutes-jason-witten
  2. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,320 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    Pure class right there. Rare that you hear from a player who's record had green broken like that, especially when they work for another team.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

3,389 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    Ozzie is a top shelf guy for sure.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mr. Newsome is a real class act!
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

19,280 Messages
    5,835 Likes Received
    Witten is 29 years old and a lock for the HOF. Amazing.
  6. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,414 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    It really is crazy. And I swear no one mentions him much. Other than the "Romo's security blanket" line that gets over used.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

6,553 Messages
    975 Likes Received
    Pure class from a wonderful guy. Thanks Ozzie.

:bravo:
  8. Stautner

Stautner New Member

10,690 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I hear him mentioned all the time as Romo's go to guy and most trusted receiver. He's been recognized enough to go to 7 Pro-Bowls.