1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Rob Ryan looks to solve communication issue

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 15, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,189 Messages
    6,994 Likes Received
    Dec 15
    2:35
    PM CT

By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan said he will alter how he sends in his calls to help ease the communication issues that have bothered his unit this season in hurry-up situations.

“We’re signaling from the sideline as well,” Ryan said. “They give you this headset that you talk into and one guy gets the call and you can’t line up and you can’t huddle. We’re not getting it communicated across so it’s obviously a problem. So we have to get that done.”

Ryan took the blame for the defensive collapse against the New York Giants in the final 5:41 that led to a blown 12-point lead and a 37-34 loss. Ryan said he put the defense in bad situations by trying to cover up for injuries.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4688258/rob-ryan-looks-to-solve-communication-issue
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,527 Messages
    3,825 Likes Received
    buy each guy a walkie talkie what ever you need to do to get this ironed out.

And lets ease up just a bit on these all out blitzes
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,877 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    sounds like a bunch of gobblede**** to me

why dont other teams have the same problems?
  4. Doomsday101

78,527 Messages
    3,825 Likes Received
    other teams do. Giants clearly had some miscommunications, how else did Dez end up all alone down field. We don't spend time talking about other teams and putting them under the microscope as we do our own. Understandable but other teams also deal with this, we are not alone but we do need to correct it
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,877 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    with us it is not a one off issue

this happens several times almost every week

and not just on defense, the difference is that on offense we are snapping the ball so romo has time to direct people

on defense, the other team takes advantage of the confusion
  6. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,739 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    I was ready to lynch Rob Ryan after the Cardinal's and Giants games, especially the latter. But when Jenkins said their "cancer" on defense was communication issues and Ware also alluded to that, it actually made me happier. Communication is something that can be fixed and is much preferable to just having a bad scheme.

I'm not saying it will be fixed, but it can be fixed. Hopefully they get it all ironed out before Saturday and get a few better players in the off season.
  7. Doomsday101

78,527 Messages
    3,825 Likes Received
    Mistakes that have cost us in different game have not all been the same.

I make no excuse for the fact that in critical moments we have made mistakes and good teams learn to avoid making those mistakes.

There have been games this defense has made big stops to get the ball back into the hands of the offense so for anyone to claim well the defense always does this? BS that is not true.

I think people want to put this in one neat little package and say this is the reason we have lost, fact is there have been a lot of little things that have created big mistakes that had we avoided it we would be in better shape.

It is not like this team is getting blown out or out played very week.

Over the course of the next 3 games this team has a chance to do something about it, it is up to them to make that happen. As a fan all I can do is hope they do
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sweet!

It just took 13 games to figure out this was an issue apparently.
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's amazing how dumb this team is. Coaches aren't much smarter either.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,948 Messages
    7,696 Likes Received
    Well, week 14's as good a time as any to solve the problem, I guess. Glad to hear we're signaling now.

Hope the Bucs don't decide to run their 2-minute offense against us the whole game, though.