1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: ESPND: Scandrick disagrees with game-changing flag

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 4, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,647 Messages
    4,768 Likes Received
    Dec 4
    8:44
    PM CT
    By Tim MacMahon

GLENDALE, Ariz. – Orlando Scandrick was defiant about his game-altering penalty. Jerry Jones didn’t want to hear it.

Scandrick was flagged twice Sunday for an illegal block in the back on a punt return. The second infraction was especially harmful, negating Dez Bryant’s 35-yard return and costing the Cowboys 43 yards of field position before the final drive of regulation.

On both penalties, Scandrick raised both hands in the air, an unsuccessful attempt to convince the officials that he didn’t commit an infraction. He believes that he pulled up on both plays, insisting that any contact was incidental.

“What am I supposed to do?” Scandrick said. “Next time I’ll just turn around and stop.”

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...o-scandrick-disagrees-with-game-changing-flag
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones was pissed, :laugh2:
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,567 Likes Received
    Granted the dude that he "blocked" flopped worse than a soccer player, if you can see the guy's name on the back of his jersey, you don't even touch him. Basic rule.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,498 Messages
    995 Likes Received
    Scandrick needs to be taken off of the return team, simple as that. Dumb players do not need to be put in those situations.
  5. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree...
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,112 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    I love the new Jerry Jones demeanor. He is not defending anyone this year and isn't afraid to call someone out when needed
  7. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, but will he do the same to the ****** pretending to be a head coach? That's the major question.
  8. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,112 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    Oh I'm sure he will in due time. The seeds have already been planted numerous times this year with Garrett's screw-ups. As the mistakes keep coming (and trust me...they will), it will only be a matter of time...
  9. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think you're right. I think Jerry going into that corner after the missed field goal, the look on Stephen's face, and his wife's distressed look says that it was not a church sermon being sung in the visiting owner's box this afternoon.
  10. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is there video of this or more to what happened?
  11. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't blame him. How many times can you watch this team continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

The players don't know where to go and lineup. Half of them are thinking one thing and the other half something else. Our special teams ain't so special and we have mental lapses that are uncalled for at this stage of the season. This is a sign of not being prepared. That is the coaches job.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,820 Messages
    5,531 Likes Received
    Is there an exception for incidental contact in that situation? There's not, right? The contact was incidental on both plays in my book, but I that isn't a legitimate excuse. Is it?
  13. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,472 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Come on man, you know the refs are flag happy on punt and kick off returns! If you know you can't make a legal block and can stop and turn around, DO IT! If you can't do that, then dive out of the way so you don't touch anyone, don't give the refs a chance to flag you on plays like that, sheesh, use your head man!
  14. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gotta love when he throws his hands in the air like "I didn't touch him!" That always works to sway the refs....
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Totally agree with Orlando. It was complete BS easily one of the worst calls I've seen all season and that's saying alot because there has been alot of awful calls this season.
  16. BlueStar3398

BlueStar3398 Active Member

1,544 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I agree with him too on at least one of those flags.
  17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I am not sure what the over/under is for scandrick - good plays vs idiotic plays...but its close.
  18. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Why? The fact that he raised his arms after both plays indicts him. He knew getting a flag was a possibility, otherwise he wouldn't have reacted like he did. Why even put yourself in that situation? Look at the replays, he's just clueless.
  19. ETex

ETex Member

721 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was BS. Both were running neck and neck, full speed downfield with Scandrick trailing. Dude just put on the brakes, causing Scandrick to run into him. If that's always a penalty, IDK why teams don't utilize it more often.:(
  20. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Fixed. No charge.

And the answer is no.

But we can always hope he will hire a shiny new OC for the guy. :cool:

This. Pull Scandrick off St, we don't need the penalties.